• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD v14.2 update rolling out now (including Cybertrucks)

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
There is no less nag. People falsely reporting otherwise.

Elon or Ashok needs to confirm so the people who respond to placebo effect can swallow their words and eat crow. The nag is 100% the same as prior to 14.2. I would bet you a whole whole whole lot of money on that. There’s no change at all. Some people are very susceptible to sugar pills. Don’t be gullible. It’s the same. I promise you.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
Loudness

Loudness

Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Mar 11, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
266
Reaction score
494
Location
Atlanta
Vehicles
Cybertruck (AWD)
Country flag
There is no less nag. People falsely reporting otherwise.
There is way less nag for me. I was able to pickup my phone and start recording, no nag at all, where it would previously immediately throw a warning.

And it gives a lot more leeway for looking at the screen for music.
 

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
There is way less nag for me. I was able to pickup my phone and start recording, no nag at all, where it would previously immediately throw a warning.

And it gives a lot more leeway for looking at the screen for music.
Not a chance bub. It’s still right around 8 seconds that it pops up the first nag in the screen. Exactly the same as before. Just as easy to get strikes as before. Just as possible to avoid strikes as previously. (Such as sunglasses or looking up to glance at the road even if only briefly.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: MCA

cyberos

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
157
Reaction score
130
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
RX 350h, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Generative AI
Country flag
Until I get some A.S.S. I just don’t care about these updates. It’s so sorely needed it’s starting to hurt.
 

65SoYoLO

Well-known member
First Name
Keith
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
1,177
Location
Long Island NY
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
I have 14.2 downloaded...but NOT installed. I am on 14.1.7.

Does 14.2 mess up everyone's home location? Or just some people? I really like to find my way home (sometimes).
it downloaded but I have not installed it yet. I am leaning towards waiting for the next update. Speed control is the most important issue for me.
 

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
Does this version do the 80MPH swerves for potholes also?
I had it flash red and tell me to take over immediately twice in the span of a quarter mile for no discernible reason at all while I was driving on the freeway behind other vehicles. There was no obstruction or road hazard, and it said nothing about obstructed cameras.
 

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
I sometimes mess around with the screen browsing music, old FSD nagged me quickly. FSD 14 hasn't nagged me at all.
I literally call total and complete bullshit. Ashok needs to set you fanboi’s straight. I’d literally be questioning my sanity right now if I falsely throught the nag has been relaxed. It hasn’t been relaxed from 14.1.7 whatsoever. I’ll bet you my CyberBeast you’re wrong. It got all the way to beeping at me today just for me looking out the side window for a brief period. Just as easy to get a strike as before. I guarantee it. Which legit scares me for the evidence of how strong Herd Theory and Placebo effect is. Stop drinking the Kool Aid!
 

TexasRaider

Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 10, 2023
Threads
30
Messages
709
Reaction score
367
Location
Denton
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I had it flash red and tell me to take over immediately twice in the span of a quarter mile for no discernible reason at all while I was driving on the freeway behind other vehicles. There was no obstruction or road hazard, and it said nothing about obstructed cameras.
The previous version I saw (while driving during the day), it was sometimes slowly maneuvering away from what “could have been” potholes at one time while ignoring / hitting other potholes.
But it felt random on which ones it was trying to avoid so it left me being very uncomfortable each time the maneuver was too quick.
 

Technigogo

Active member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
34
Reaction score
54
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
'24 Ford F450 Limited, '24 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I updated to 14.2 last night. Took my first drive this evening and FSD will not engage at all. I am getting an error "Cabin camera unavailable." When I press the right scroll wheel, I don't receive any feedback, it doesn't even tell me autopilot is unavailable. I switched to traffic aware cruise, and it also does not work. Turn signals do not auto cancel. In live security, the cabin camera is not visible.

I have cleaned all cameras and performed reset 5 times.

I will head to SC tomorrow and push to get this fixed while I wait.

On a positive note, the update fixed my washer for the front camera 🙂

Not sure if this is a caution for others or not. I did see that charging was bricked on another owner in a CT group on FB.
 

CyberTexas

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
260
Reaction score
299
Location
Great state of TEXAS
Vehicles
FS CB White Decor Cyber Wheels
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I literally call total and complete bullshit. Ashok needs to set you fanboi’s straight. I’d literally be questioning my sanity right now if I falsely throught the nag has been relaxed. It hasn’t been relaxed from 14.1.7 whatsoever. I’ll bet you my CyberBeast you’re wrong. It got all the way to beeping at me today just for me looking out the side window for a brief period. Just as easy to get a strike as before. I guarantee it. Which legit scares me for the evidence of how strong Herd Theory and Placebo effect is. Stop drinking the Kool Aid!
Are you the anti-fanboy fanboy?
 

jimbaum

Well-known member
First Name
jim
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
76
Reaction score
84
Location
Plano, TX
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model 3
Country flag
Ok, my phone is prompting me to download 14.2....after reading this thread, now I am very hesitant to do so. I'm enjoying 14.1.7 and don't want to regress as others have mentioned here.

I suppose I should keep monitoring the thread and then decide to install or wait for 14.2.1 or later.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
it downloaded but I have not installed it yet. I am leaning towards waiting for the next update. Speed control is the most important issue for me.
For me it’s phantom brake use and parking logic. Stop fucking pulling into the wrong side of a supercharger stall cyberbandit, you’re making us look bad.
I mean. you’d think this new “sentient” system would be smart enough to know it has a charge port on the rear left and not the rear right. 🤷‍♂️
Would be nice if fixing that wasn’t at the expense of the car behaving like a blind truffle pig lost in the woods and unable to find its way back to the farm.
Based on @dalton108 ’s description, that’s what it sounds like I’ll be getting if I download. My WiFi is tuned off as a result.
 

Sjohnson20

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
935
Reaction score
689
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
There is way less nag for me. I was able to pickup my phone and start recording, no nag at all, where it would previously immediately throw a warning.

And it gives a lot more leeway for looking at the screen for music.
Yeah they have given us a little more time since the last update. It's a good amount of time now. I screwed around with the map and changed the music and no nags. Eventually I got a pay attention message. Took much longer than the old one. Used to blink blue and beep pretty quick.
 
 
Top