• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Hanshow Digital Rear View Mirror - Pre-order

bleudyno

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
17
Reaction score
15
Location
Tustin, Ca
Vehicles
Foundation Cybertruck dual motor, Core Wheels, Tactical Grey Interior
Country flag
I've been searching for a good digital rear view mirror and I came across this pre-order from @Hansshow. It doesn't provide much information about if it will mount into the existing rear view mirror mount nor does it have any info on the wiring and where power would be supplied from. I doubt it will be able to tap into the truck's existing rear view mirror feed but I hope to be proven wrong. All it says in the description is, " Tailored to seamlessly integrate with the Tesla Cybertruck, providing a cohesive and high-tech interior experience. " I tried sending an email to Hansshow but have not received any reply. I'be seen the Wolfbox mirror install but I am looking for a more OEM look. Does anyone have any info on this mirror?

https://www.hautopart.com/collectio...rder-electronic-interior-accessories-hansshow
 

jf64k

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 12, 2023
Threads
28
Messages
866
Reaction score
970
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
2020 MYLR (Lola), 2024 FS AWD (Deckard 263-54)
Country flag
It definitely uses its own front/rear cameras (there are pics of the two camera units and the rear is rated IP68, so designed to be mounted outside somewhere).

As you said, no mention of wiring and how that goes.

It’s really too bad Tesla didn’t design an OEM digital rear view. Maybe that will come as an iteration next year??
 

TwiztOG43

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
284
Reaction score
314
Location
Las Vegas
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
It definitely uses its own front/rear cameras (there are pics of the two camera units and the rear is rated IP68, so designed to be mounted outside somewhere).

As you said, no mention of wiring and how that goes.

It’s really too bad Tesla didn’t design an OEM digital rear view. Maybe that will come as an iteration next year??
Doubtful. With Tesla, they remove hardware while adding software features.

The wiring itself should be simple, considering there have been a few owners who have already installed the wolf box/radar detectors.

Hopefully they will add a 3Ch, one camera for the Bed, similar to the Rivian R1T.
 

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I've been searching for a good digital rear view mirror and I came across this pre-order from @Hansshow. It doesn't provide much information about if it will mount into the existing rear view mirror mount nor does it have any info on the wiring and where power would be supplied from. I doubt it will be able to tap into the truck's existing rear view mirror feed but I hope to be proven wrong. All it says in the description is, " Tailored to seamlessly integrate with the Tesla Cybertruck, providing a cohesive and high-tech interior experience. " I tried sending an email to Hansshow but have not received any reply. I'be seen the Wolfbox mirror install but I am looking for a more OEM look. Does anyone have any info on this mirror?

https://www.hautopart.com/collectio...rder-electronic-interior-accessories-hansshow
Thank you for this post. I went to the link you provided and commented that, since they are using their own cameras, why not make it a 4-channel system and add side cameras. I’d go for that even at only 1080p.
 

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Doubtful. With Tesla, they remove hardware while adding software features.

The wiring itself should be simple, considering there have been a few owners who have already installed the wolf box/radar detectors.

Hopefully they will add a 3Ch, one camera for the Bed, similar to the Rivian R1T.
In Tesla’s case they wouldn’t have to add any hardware to provide a digital rearview camera. They already have a mirror mount and 4 cameras.
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
It definitely uses its own front/rear cameras (there are pics of the two camera units and the rear is rated IP68, so designed to be mounted outside somewhere).

As you said, no mention of wiring and how that goes.

It’s really too bad Tesla didn’t design an OEM digital rear view. Maybe that will come as an iteration next year??
I highly suspect they couldn't get it perfect before initial release, and didn't want to release anything half baked. I would safely assume that a very nice retrofit will be coming soon (and hopefully include a kit that will allow you to completely delete the sideview mirrors.
 

yippie

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
Joined
Jul 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
212
Reaction score
204
Location
MA
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I've been searching for a good digital rear view mirror and I came across this pre-order from @Hansshow. It doesn't provide much information about if it will mount into the existing rear view mirror mount nor does it have any info on the wiring and where power would be supplied from. I doubt it will be able to tap into the truck's existing rear view mirror feed but I hope to be proven wrong. All it says in the description is, " Tailored to seamlessly integrate with the Tesla Cybertruck, providing a cohesive and high-tech interior experience. " I tried sending an email to Hansshow but have not received any reply. I'be seen the Wolfbox mirror install but I am looking for a more OEM look. Does anyone have any info on this mirror?

https://www.hautopart.com/collectio...rder-electronic-interior-accessories-hansshow
no thank you, not necessary, i haven't used a rearview mirror for 6 months now and never looked back (literally)
 

yippie

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
Joined
Jul 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
212
Reaction score
204
Location
MA
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Doubtful. With Tesla, they remove hardware while adding software features.

The wiring itself should be simple, considering there have been a few owners who have already installed the wolf box/radar detectors.

Hopefully they will add a 3Ch, one camera for the Bed, similar to the Rivian R1T.
The entire point of tesla is to get to the point of no human driving, that's why they do what they do .. So thinking they will provide ways for humans to interact with their vehicles is just wishful thinking. Every model update goes further and closer to no human needed to drive and doing away with stuff humans need.
 

loganthefrst

Well-known member
First Name
Logan
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Yeah the additional cameras you want me to stick on my truck is gonna be a big no go for me lol. Someone needs to find a way to use the integrated cameras the truck already has. Until then, I'll live with the onscreen mirror.
 

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The entire point of tesla is to get to the point of no human driving, that's why they do what they do .. So thinking they will provide ways for humans to interact with their vehicles is just wishful thinking. Every model update goes further and closer to no human needed to drive and doing away with stuff humans need.
True, but it kind of makes you wonder why they put in the useless rear window and useless rearview mirror, and the rear-facing camera is not very helpful as a rearview 'mirror'.
 

vinsk

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
137
Reaction score
99
Location
FL
Vehicles
MYP, Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
SW
Country flag
The entire point of tesla is to get to the point of no human driving, that's why they do what they do .. So thinking they will provide ways for humans to interact with their vehicles is just wishful thinking. Every model update goes further and closer to no human needed to drive and doing away with stuff humans need.
Agreed! But right now I’ve issues with my camera system which intermittently fail every other day with an error during drive and especially annoying when parking or reversing. The side mirrors are the only thing helping me in those situations and if those are removed as well then…..

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Hanshow Digital Rear View Mirror - Pre-order IMG_6953


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Hanshow Digital Rear View Mirror - Pre-order IMG_6952
 

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Agreed! But right now I’ve issues with my camera system which intermittently fail every other day with an error during drive and especially annoying when parking or reversing. The side mirrors are the only thing helping me in those situations and if those are removed as well then…..

IMG_6953.jpeg


IMG_6952.jpeg
Has anyone else seen this problem? I never have. I wasn't referring to the efficacy of the rear-facing camera, but only to its view angle as a 'rearview' view. For backing up it is, more or less, fine, but losing it altogether is not good at all.
 

rudedawg78

Well-known member
First Name
Ernie
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
45
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
929
Location
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series) "Wraith"
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Agreed! But right now I’ve issues with my camera system which intermittently fail every other day with an error during drive and especially annoying when parking or reversing. The side mirrors are the only thing helping me in those situations and if those are removed as well then…..

IMG_6953.jpeg


IMG_6952.jpeg
:oops: Service request time!
 

vinsk

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
137
Reaction score
99
Location
FL
Vehicles
MYP, Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
SW
Country flag
Has anyone else seen this problem? I never have. I wasn't referring to the efficacy of the rear-facing camera, but only to its view angle as a 'rearview' view. For backing up it is, more or less, fine, but losing it altogether is not good at all.
This started happening after an update in July first week. I thought it’ll resolve after subsequent updates but issue persists. They need the truck for a week to figure this out as it happens intermittently! I did show them the videos and photos on multiple occasions.
 
 
Top