• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Digital Rear View Mirror

My Hooptie

Active member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
28
Reaction score
16
Location
Covington, TN
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, Model Y Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I love my Cyberbeast. Best vehicle ever made! However, there are some improvements that can help make it perfect.
I find the digital rear-view display is still too small on the monitor. I really would like to install a 3rd party digital rear-view mirror where the current rear-view mirror is.
I noticed a really cool radar detector install where they installed in place of the rear-view mirror and tapped the power from the power by the dome lights. See Tesla Cybertruck Radar Detector Install With 3d Printed Mount! (youtube.com)

Looking for the same thing for a digital rear-view mirror install. Does anyone know of any possible solution?
 

TexasTesla

Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Jun 12, 2020
Threads
5
Messages
56
Reaction score
89
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I love my Cyberbeast. Best vehicle ever made! However, there are some improvements that can help make it perfect.
I find the digital rear-view display is still too small on the monitor. I really would like to install a 3rd party digital rear-view mirror where the current rear-view mirror is.
I noticed a really cool radar detector install where they installed in place of the rear-view mirror and tapped the power from the power by the dome lights. See Tesla Cybertruck Radar Detector Install With 3d Printed Mount! (youtube.com)

Looking for the same thing for a digital rear-view mirror install. Does anyone know of any possible solution?
I installed the Wolfbox digital mirror. It will fit on the stalk of the existing mirror. I’m not near my truck at the moment but if you’d like photos I can do that later.
 

Gaximus

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
885
Location
Mead, CO
Vehicles
CyberBeast, Model 3, Jeep Wrangler, Yamaha R6
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Before I jump the gun and do this... do you find yourself using it enough to justify the effort?
The only time I don’t use it is when it’s dark out, there are no brightness controls on the screen, but I have turned off the onscreen rear view mirror in my truck. It’s like driving a normal vehicle looking up and the right to see what’s behind you.
 

FuryEV

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 15, 2024
Threads
44
Messages
231
Reaction score
258
Location
NC
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD and Cybertruck Beast
Country flag
I did a video on how to do it . and it will cost you only around $150. i do not recommend taping power there either it will not power the mirror and camera

 

Gkingdom

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Apr 6, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
63
Reaction score
35
Location
The woodlands Tx
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
I installed the Wolfbox digital mirror. It will fit on the stalk of the existing mirror. I’m not near my truck at the moment but if you’d like photos I can do that later.
did you ever post any photos or video of the wolfbox? trying to decide on which camera to get.
 

TexasTesla

Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Jun 12, 2020
Threads
5
Messages
56
Reaction score
89
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
did you ever post any photos or video of the wolfbox? trying to decide on which camera to get.
I haven’t, but the poster above me has an installation video
 

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I love my Cyberbeast. Best vehicle ever made! However, there are some improvements that can help make it perfect.
I find the digital rear-view display is still too small on the monitor. I really would like to install a 3rd party digital rear-view mirror where the current rear-view mirror is.
I noticed a really cool radar detector install where they installed in place of the rear-view mirror and tapped the power from the power by the dome lights. See Tesla Cybertruck Radar Detector Install With 3d Printed Mount! (youtube.com)

Looking for the same thing for a digital rear-view mirror install. Does anyone know of any possible solution?
Yes, there are several, but I would want all 4 cameras (left, right, front, rear) and the Hansshow only does the rear as far as I know, and the others look painful to install and are lower resolution. Still waiting for a better solution.
 
 
Top