• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

rear view mirror mounting screw

FuryEV

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 15, 2024
Threads
44
Messages
231
Reaction score
258
Location
NC
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD and Cybertruck Beast
Country flag
anyone know the size of the screw that holds the rear viiew mirror ? i lost mine for my hanshow mirror and i cant get them to reply so i can get a replacement.
 

deek

Well-known member
First Name
Glenn
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
51
Reaction score
67
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Management
Country flag

EWELON

Well-known member
First Name
Rori
Joined
May 21, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
309
Reaction score
194
Location
Wynnewood,PA
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck dual motor (soon)
Country flag
I was going to recommend McMaster Carr but they’ll probably charge $10 for shipping one screw.
 

deek

Well-known member
First Name
Glenn
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
51
Reaction score
67
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I was going to recommend McMaster Carr but they’ll probably charge $10 for shipping one screw.
It may be there. I couldn't find it
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag

deek

Well-known member
First Name
Glenn
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
51
Reaction score
67
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Management
Country flag
It keeps coming up because it’s so damn easy to lose. It just falls out of there and vanishes into the abyss.
I will try to order a few dozen that I can mail out if anyone needs them.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I have lost 2
 

Sandman1962

Well-known member
First Name
Sel
Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
230
Reaction score
221
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
It keeps coming up because it’s so damn easy to lose. It just falls out of there and vanishes into the abyss.
Last week, the screw ended up in a Kleenex box. Believe me, that was the last place I would have thought it to be. Subsequently, I lay towels in the center console area.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
‘24 Beast
Country flag
???
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen rear view mirror mounting screw IMG_0570
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Last week, the screw ended up in a Kleenex box. Believe me, that was the last place I would have thought it to be. Subsequently, I lay towels in the center console area.
Smart. Happens to me every time I fiddle with my s92 digital mirror.
When my wife goes, “why are you cussing, did you lose the screw again? “ I know it’s a problem.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Yeah, last time I took it off I used duct tape to keep it inside the mirror hole. Works pretty well. Can only be done after the stage where I usually lose it.
A magnetic torks tool helps a lot too.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
‘24 Beast
Country flag
Yeah, last time I took it off I used duct tape to keep it inside the mirror hole. Works pretty well. Can only be done after the stage where I usually lose it.
A magnetic torks tool helps a lot too.
I’m probably a psycho, but I keep my mirror mounted. Half out of laziness, half out of my philosophy of better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Why not? Doesn’t bother me and if I’m ever driving with the tonneau open it’s a nice compliment to the cam view.

P.S. Those of you looking for one of those hitch mounted tire racks that block your cam should be remounting those mirrors anyway 🤪
 
 
Top