Nidavellir
Well-known member
It’s currently available on RAM 2500 and 3500 trucksThis is AWESOME! Too bad it's just all an idea and you can't really buy it. Loved the (brandless) car and the trailers in this animation...very cool designs.
It’s currently available on RAM 2500 and 3500 trucksThis is AWESOME! Too bad it's just all an idea and you can't really buy it. Loved the (brandless) car and the trailers in this animation...very cool designs.
Since you plan to build something from scratch, Do you think it would be easier to use the Magna Clearview and figure out how to wire it into the existing CyberTruck camera hardwareThis is promising. My plan is to install something similar but, perhaps, a bit more configurable. That rearview mirror base is the perfect mounting point for a user-configurable infocenter and video monitor. I plan to build mine from scratch but, if my excitement is any indicator, I suspect there will be many, many aftermarket accessories publicly available for purchase or projects on instructables.
Your honor, I know I was arrested for driving 110 in a school zone but you have to understand, the rear camera on my truck is crap.I don't do 0-60 pulls in an U-haul or drive 90mph. The rear view mirror camera is trash. Very bad chromatic aberration too. I can't ID a single car's make and model behind me 60 yards away. Right mirror is convex so hard to see far as well. I can only rely on my left mirror to look very far down, but can't see the cars merging on the freeway. I need to ID every single car coming on the road. Just incase it's CHP going to pace me.
Never had a speeding ticket. I also use probes. I have many tactics and 360 awareness is one of them. CT doesn't have that. Also, if anyone think the current rear view is fine then you probably don't have a CT. The rear camera can't even draw a straight line. It's all jagged edges like Zs.Your honor, I know I was arrested for driving 110 in a school zone but you have to understand, the rear camera on my truck is crap.
I hope that's not your only reason for not speeding.The problem is rear view camera is so low resolution and clarity is not as far as a real mirror. I look at my rear mirror like 20% of the time when I drove. 20% left mirror, 20% right mirror, and 40% front windshield. I like to see 360 of my surroundings at all times. Never know when 2 BMWs or 2 Challengers are carving down the freeway racing each other. I also look for cops at all times. I'm so scared to speed in my Cyberbeast because I can't tell if a CHP is behind me or not.
It sounds like you jest wont a way to beat the law.I don't do 0-60 pulls in an U-haul or drive 90mph. The rear view mirror camera is trash. Very bad chromatic aberration too. I can't ID a single car's make and model behind me 60 yards away. Right mirror is convex so hard to see far as well. I can only rely on my left mirror to look very far down, but can't see the cars merging on the freeway. I need to ID every single car coming on the road. Just incase it's CHP going to pace me.
I like it.This is the perfect option for a mirror if they end up making it for the Cybertruck
Mirror Vision System
Can't really speed in a Cyberbeast. All camera phones are on it.I hope that's not your only reason for not speeding.
I also don't stop at a stop sign fully for 3 seconds either.It sounds like you jest wont a way to beat the law.
Yeah, though it would be nice if we could add views to the on-screen set-up. Support for third-party options. Cameras mounted on stalks or on trailers to get more visual idea of what's around you.I just don’t see Tesla ever doing something like this. I understand this is asking about aftermarket. Tesla has gone so hard in some directions (no stalks, cameras vs sensors, etc) and they’ve already offered a first gen solution—the “on screen mirror”. They’ll try to refine that with customization before they pivot on the approach as a whole.
Obviously just speculating, but I bet some of the customization comes. But some won’t. Two factors against significant customization are (1) the Apple-like ecosystem; and (2) safety. On the former, it’s just like the significant customization of android devices. Apple has never gone that direction because the like to control the user experience that draws people in. This is the same reason we don’t have CarPlay or Android Auto (or whatever it’s called) on Teslas. On the latter, I’m sure there are concerns about too much customization being a distraction for an expected driving experience. I get it, there’s a balance. But I bet that’s a source of tension in pushing out customization.Yeah, though it would be nice if we could add views to the on-screen set-up. Support for third-party options. Cameras mounted on stalks or on trailers to get more visual idea of what's around you.
-Crissa
I am going to install this one and see how it compares.I'm also looking into this. The rear camera is crap. It's so poorly cropped, everything looks so far away.
Plus, there's still the issue where the blind spot cameras remove the rear view from the display no matter what settings you have. The only way to keep the rear mirror up full time is to turn off the blind spot cameras.
It's probably going to involve using a second camera, and running the wire the whole length of the truck and into the tailgate. I'm gonna spend some time trying to figure out the least awful way to do it.
I similarly feel that I have much less awareness of what's happening behind/next to my vehicle vs any other car. I fully don't care about "it's a truck though, use the side view only and be happy" nonsense. Yes, it's possible to drive with only the side mirrors. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't want more information available to them.
How did that work out? Looks like you have to run power line, camera line and gps line all up to the mirror, would be sweet if it was wireless and could tap power from say the overhead light or other nearby wiring.I am going to install this one and see how it compares.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1B41WC9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1