• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tow Hitch Cover removal is easy (DIY). 4-way and 7-way connectors underneath

greggertruck

Well-known member
First Name
g
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
214
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
698
Location
Zimbabwe
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Cybertruck cabin dimensions:

Head Room - Front 41.69
Head Room - Rear 39.05

Leg Room - Front 41.09
Leg Room - Rear 40.90

Shoulder Room - Front 63.31
Shoulder Room - Rear 62.06

Hip Room - Front 57.22
Hip Room - Rear 57.22

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tow Hitch Cover removal is easy (DIY). 4-way and 7-way connectors underneath 1704838639884


 
Last edited:

Gurule92

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Threads
193
Messages
3,221
Reaction score
1,254
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tow Hitch Cover removal is easy (DIY). 4-way and 7-way connectors underneath 1704838430879
 

greggertruck

Well-known member
First Name
g
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
214
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
698
Location
Zimbabwe
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
How do these compare to the leaked specs before launch?
SPOT ON! But just resharing as they're official and in the truck' owners manual.
 

Gurule92

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Threads
193
Messages
3,221
Reaction score
1,254
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

greggertruck

Well-known member
First Name
g
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
214
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
698
Location
Zimbabwe
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

MyKidCouldDrawThat

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jan 4, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
50
Reaction score
26
Location
TN
Vehicles
F250 w/ Edison Motors Reservation
Country flag
I like it because it gives you options. My boat trailer has a 7 way connector but if I need to tow another trailer sometime in the future it’s nice to not need an adapter.
I guess they could have made one proprietary connector and included a set of adapters
 

Celiboy

Well-known member
First Name
Marcel
Joined
May 3, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
583
Reaction score
444
Location
Clovis, California
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I guess they could have made one proprietary connector and included a set of adapters
I guess. Or just put install one of each plug like they did. Additional adapters could potentially introduce additional points of failure.
 

scottf200

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Threads
48
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1,199
Location
Western NC
Vehicles
X; immed family 3 & Y
Country flag

sylvius

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
81
Reaction score
64
Location
SE PA
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
I wonder what, if any, meaningful aero penalty there is from running the truck without the hitch cover. I hope it would be negligible. I use the hitch receiver pretty regularly (mostly for bike rack and/or cargo hauler) and can’t imagine wanting to take the cover on and off every time.
 

SparkChaser

Well-known member
First Name
Leigh
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Threads
26
Messages
598
Reaction score
285
Location
San Francisco CA
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I wonder what, if any, meaningful aero penalty there is from running the truck without the hitch cover. I hope it would be negligible. I use the hitch receiver pretty regularly (mostly for bike rack and/or cargo hauler) and can’t imagine wanting to take the cover on and off every time.
You could cut out a hole for the bike rack. You would have to pin it with it loose and then close it up?
 
 
Top