• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tow hitch hook on Cybertruck -- closeup look without cover

Rutrow

Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
May 25, 2021
Threads
8
Messages
923
Reaction score
555
Location
Little Rock, Arkansas
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
what I really don’t like about this hitch for towing is the flap for the 7 pin opening down vs up. Some tech thats probably never towed simply installed it wrong but id hope that would immediately stand out to someone that should be in charge of hitches.
Was that a tech who can't read?!? It was installed with all the writing on the connector upside down. ?

I think there's a Pollak joke in there somewhere. ?

https://www.pollakaftermarket.com/e...-and-adapters/sockets/7-pole-rv-style-sockets
 

SolarWizard

Well-known member
First Name
MB
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Threads
20
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
548
Location
San Diego//Tampa//South Park, CO
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag

Greshnab

Well-known member
First Name
Doug
Joined
May 14, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
286
Reaction score
93
Location
Fort Worth, Tx
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
i keep thinking they are going to have a hitch mount wench.. IOW the wench will plug directly into the trailer hitch and use the 48 v plug... however that is JUST a guess.
 

ecotrials

Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Threads
8
Messages
85
Reaction score
23
Location
Lafayette, CA (SF Bay Area)
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see the 7pin but i don't see the 4 pin i need for my utility trailer
Tons of adapters for 7 to 4 pin available if you look.
I hope Tesla offers the newer EZ Connector as an option. Great design, much better than traditional 7 pin connectors.
Paul
 

JollyRoger

Active member
First Name
Roger
Joined
Nov 30, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
42
Reaction score
1
Location
Sweden
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
i keep thinking they are going to have a hitch mount wench.
I keep thinking how I would mount my wench.

I imagine the winch is frunk or bed mounted. Frunk mount would have some passthrough to operate with hood closed.
 
Last edited:

Greshnab

Well-known member
First Name
Doug
Joined
May 14, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
286
Reaction score
93
Location
Fort Worth, Tx
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
ideally rear mount would just mount in the hitch mount.. instead of a ball slide in the winch .. in the front perhaps a mount that screws into a covered port like the tow hook part on a model Y.
 

uff_da

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
142
Reaction score
39
Location
North Dakota
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they make a removable cover similar to the MY it will be a fail. For the MY you need a special plastic pry tool to remove the hitch cover and its a huge pain the rear. I hope they make CT much more user friendly Ideally it would hinge open and not have to be stowed somewhere.
 

Jimf

Member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
Location
southeast michigan
Vehicles
2020 Y awd lr "Curiosity", 2018 3 awd lr "sunrun"
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
a real offroad vehicle has two tow hooks front and rear because of the geometry required for recoveries. You can get by with one but its much harder on both vehicles doing so and can exacerbate some problems.
For sure!!!!
TWO tow hook points outboard in front, and also in rear.
Plus the 2 inch tow receiver in the rear with it's two safety chain points.
These all need to be very strong.
All five could be 2 inch receivers, and the user could install winches, tow hooks of any kind, or even a plow or pusher bars or whatever.
2 inch receivers could be recessed with simple snap in covers, easily removed without tools and unbreakable and unloseable.
PLEASE not the flimsy crap snap fasteners of the model y hitch cover!!!
This should not be an afterthought on a serious truck.
Elon promises the CT will exceed expectations.
Hopefully the accessory team have real all weather working truck experience and will be sure this beast is... A real work beast.

PS
Don't make the receivers too tight!
Need slop for a true 2 inch square hitch mount slip fit.
 

LoneWolfO6

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
T
Joined
May 27, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
745
Reaction score
115
Location
America
Vehicles
2018 Model 3: Sold it before a year of ownership!!
Occupation
Retired Military
Country flag
Yes don’t hide it, let it show! The CT needs to be a Grrrrrrr truck, not a tippi tow oversized cosmetic EV!

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tow hitch hook on Cybertruck -- closeup look without cover IMG_0346
 

Deleted member 12457

Guest
I gave up on putting the hitch in and out, I just leave mine on all the time. I use a lockable pin that uses a tightening nut so it doesn't bounce around. As for the covering, I doubt I would ever put it back on. I'm not planning on off-roading other than when camping. I have a 2" hitch for my small trailer so I'll need to buy a larger receiver which aren't cheap. Yes, I know nothing is cheap but $350 for a receiver hitch with a 4" rise/drop is more than I expected (etrailer has them for over $1000). A 2" ball only allows a 7500 lb load so I can see why Tesla will be using a larger hitch.
 
 
Top