I totally agree. My wife complains I drive much worse than FSD. I just feel driving myself is harder, just like hard to go back when you get better life.Great question, I've often thought that myself. Since my recent 4700-mile road trip, where I drove myself less than 2 miles, I'm still 99% FSD.
I'm using FSD so much that when I get into my wife's Model 3 and have to drive myself, I find that I'm not paying attention as much, and I think my driving skills have dropped a notch lol.
Any drive longer than an hour, I'm taking my CT and FSD. It's just make the drive 10x better, or I'm getting lazy - whatever. If Tesla comes out with a true 7/8 seater, I'm getting it with FSD for sure.I totally agree. My wife complains I drive much worse than FSD. I just feel driving myself is harder, just like hard to go back when you get better life.
shouldn't this stat be available for Tesla's insurance product? They have a safety score that includes a discount for percentage of miles FSD is engaged.Any way to see how many miles have been driven on FSD vs driver driven? I mostly do FSD but am curious how many miles I've actually done on FSD.
Turn on your signal and gently guide the steering squircle over to the lane. Basically: "hey, I'm asking a little more than nicely this time. go ahead and get over".I get too frustrated with FSD and take over. An example was from this weekend, let it handle things but knew I had an exit coming up, I would be looking to get over but FSD is more than comfortable staying in the lane. Meh, disengage, move over and back to FSD.
A few times lately I trigger the lane change with the blinker but it acts like it doesn’t want to comply. It’s had me sitting there embarrassed. Ha
FSD will obey if I use the turn signal; if it "disagrees" with the decision, then it turns the blinker off.A few times lately I trigger the lane change with the blinker but it acts like it doesn’t want to comply. It’s had me sitting there embarrassed. Ha
These scenarios I am speaking of are when the lane is wide open. That's what has had me to staring at it like "wtf? Are you going to switch the lane?"FSD will obey if I use the turn signal; if it "disagrees" with the decision, then it turns the blinker off.
Sometimes it will wait awhile for an opening if the traffic is dense.
There is sometimes a disconnect between the map data and the NN-created visualization. For instance, it will see and display a lane, but won't use it (map data days it's not there?). More often, it tries to use a lane that is clearly blocked off for construction, but it will avoid the obstruction.These scenarios I am speaking of are when the lane is wide open. That's what has had me to staring at it like "wtf? Are you going to switch the lane?"
It will often switch lanes in order to spread traffic out. People tend to forget that FSD will also make decisions based of safety probability. It can also keep better track of interstate egress, so it will switch over to the left lane ahead of time (if clear) in order to avoid on-ramp merging traffic; which is a huge datapoint for collisions to occur.These scenarios I am speaking of are when the lane is wide open. That's what has had me to staring at it like "wtf? Are you going to switch the lane?"
With that said, FSD works great for me. I don't get any of the hugging the left side of the lane that so many complain about. It drives damn near perfect, it's the speed (or lack thereof)/lane changing that annoys me at times.
If you have Tesla insurance, it does tell you in the safety score. 1,600 miles in last month with 76% on FSD for me.shouldn't this stat be available for Tesla's insurance product? They have a safety score that includes a discount for percentage of miles FSD is engaged.
I've had this occur as well, we had some trees down due to high winds and it avoided the limbs in the road perfectly.Once thing FSD did this weekend that I hadn't experienced before. There was something in the road, I could see it coming up, was ready and put my hands on the squirkle, it slightly moved to the left to go around it. That was cool!
In my other FSD experiences in other vehicles, it would run right over things.