• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

B-Pillar sentry mode / side camera view now active. Update your Tesla app

jahansolu

Well-known member
First Name
Jahan
Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
229
Reaction score
363
Location
Vancouver
Vehicles
M3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Do I need to re-format the drive, or will there be two additional angles moving forward?
 

CyberLucky

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
118
Reaction score
158
Location
Edmonton
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm a bit confused: I've had the ability on Android to view the B pillar cameras in live view for quite some time, but they don't activate in sentry and can't be viewed in recordings. Has that changed? Is sentry now using those (I sure hope so - I hate the blind spots)?
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
Not showing up in my play store? Do they roll the new app out the way they roll the car software and FSD out?
correct. every major software company rolls out software in regional batches.
 

Sousray

Well-known member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Apr 23, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
102
Reaction score
39
Location
San Antonio
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
my update went to v4.48.1 version. I did notice that there is a height on the controls page. don't remember this being thee before.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen B-Pillar sentry mode / side camera view now active. Update your Tesla app CT display
 

S.C.M.O.D.S.

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
20
Location
Alaska
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm using a droid, with the app version 4.47.0-3435. I can see and have been able to see (like HaulingAss) b-pillar images on the app for weeks. I have no option to update to 4.48 yet but I'm not sure that has anything to do with being able to see b-pillar footage of sentry activity on the truck screen (which I still do not have). I would guess that would be a truck software update not an app software update, no? I'm still on v12 2025.26.7.
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
Not showing up in my play store? Do they roll the new app out the way they roll the car software and FSD out?
I don't remember whether I had to install a new version of the Android Tesla App or not. Sorry.

There are two possibilities:

1) The previous version of the Android App had the new camera functionality but required the vehicle to be at a certain software version to enable those new cameras.

2) I installed a new Android App version.

My Android App version: 4.47.0-3435
My Cybertruck software version: v12(2025.26.7)
 

btcrealm

Well-known member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
616
Reaction score
385
Location
Virginia-ish, USA
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
NOC
Country flag
Don’t get fooled by the post people, there’s no B-Pillar sentry mode recording for cybertruck yet. Maybe with next software update šŸ™
Yeah thanks.
I've been able to see the b pillars in live for a long time.

Its the recording from the b pillars that we need.
 

RDMSguy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
91
Reaction score
67
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Vehicles
2024 Founders Edition Cybertruck
Country flag
I have the latest update on my iPhone and the latest update for my AWD FS and I still don’t have any b-pillar recording when sentry is triggered. 😢

I have been able to see B-pillar cameras in live view for as long as I’ve had the truck. So no difference at all for me.
 

LarryASilva

Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
45
Reaction score
46
Location
SF Bay Area
Vehicles
Boxster, MiniVan
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
B-pillar sentry / camera view now works on the Cybertruck. Just have to update your Tesla app which now has:

"View B-pillar side cameras with Mobile Dashcam Viewer."

Gy5mNP4XAAERSd0.jpeg


Gy5mEo7WEAAXSRY.jpeg
As of 08/23/25, Tesla Android version 4.48.0 does NOT appear in the Google Play Store. My phone still shows V 4.47.6-3450.
 

EWELON

Well-known member
First Name
Rori
Joined
May 21, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
309
Reaction score
194
Location
Wynnewood,PA
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck dual motor (soon)
Country flag
I have the latest update on my iPhone and the latest update for my AWD FS and I still don’t have any b-pillar recording when sentry is triggered. 😢

I have been able to see B-pillar cameras in live view for as long as I’ve had the truck. So no difference at all for me.
same!
 

CasaDelGato

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
50
Location
Greenbank, WA
Vehicles
EV F250 (conversion), Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone else noticed that on Android, the icon with the line to the B pillar brings up the fender camera, and the one for the fender camera brings up the B pillar view?
 
 
Top