Frank_Castle
Well-known member
- First Name
- Frank
- Joined
- Feb 25, 2024
- Threads
- 17
- Messages
- 167
- Reaction score
- 65
- Location
- Ohio
- Vehicles
- Foundation series AWD ordered
Had this happen to me while on vacation in SC last week a couple of times.
why isn't the space in front of the camera sealed?I was getting disengagements nearly every single commute. I noticed the glass in the camera housing was pretty darn hazy. this is after a service tech "precision" cleaned it maybe 6-9 months ago already (complimentary and bundled with some other service I had done, can't quite remember which it was).
I put in a service ticket. They quoted me 100 something bucks. The mobile tech cleaned it and I have literally not had a single disengagement since--with no change in driving habits or time of day. after service they asked me over messages if I had it done before and I said yeah, it's on the old invoices, and clearly the problem came back. they wrote off the entire charge this time.
I still think it's the off gassing of the VOCs and deposits on the inner windshield in the housing. I mentioned the same to the tech, and he said it was curing of the glass--which I thought was much less likely. unless he actually meant adhesives curing and off gassing, which I guess would be reasonable.
It would overheat due to sunlight and suffer condensation issues eventually. The unit has a fan to keep the space conditioned with cabin air.why isn't the space in front of the camera sealed?
FSD Sunglasses is the obvious answer here..They should make the little section of glass in front of the camera photosensitive like those glasses that darken when you go out in the sun.
Do I sense a bacon wrapped Optimus with wayfarers brewing over there in Jersey ?FSD Sunglasses is the obvious answer here..
Yes.. yes you do.Do I sense a bacon wrapped Optimus with wayfarers brewing over there in Jersey ?
Yes.. yes you do.
![]()