• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

To POLISH or not to POLISH

AB3

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
71
Reaction score
45
Location
Cleveland
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I also want a mirror look but I'm also indecisive haha. Been thinking of doing a mirror wrap and going that route. That way I can go back to stainless or any other color down the line. Only downside is that mirror wraps seem to be pretty pricey especially if I want it ppf
 

firemike

Member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Nov 24, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Kingston Tn
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
truck driver
Country flag
That is the brand side step I have also. Stainless steel and made in USA.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen To POLISH or not to POLISH imag
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
I also want a mirror look but I'm also indecisive haha. Been thinking of doing a mirror wrap and going that route. That way I can go back to stainless or any other color down the line. Only downside is that mirror wraps seem to be pretty pricey especially if I want it ppf
Huh?

If you give the metal a mirror polish it's even easier to go back to the factory finish! The mirror finish is created by removing all the fine scratches that give the truck it's matte sheen. Want it back? Just sand it again with a coarser grit!

I'm not going to a mirror polish because I get it muddy and bushwack a lot. The factory finish hides the fine scratches unless the angle of the light is just right to see them. A mirror finish would make them stand out and I would be constantly polishing it back to a mirror finish.
 
OP
OP
TexsyBeast

TexsyBeast

Member
First Name
Jeremiah
Joined
May 14, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
Camas, WA.
Website
www.agentjeremiah.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
State Farm Agent
Country flag
I also want a mirror look but I'm also indecisive haha. Been thinking of doing a mirror wrap and going that route. That way I can go back to stainless or any other color down the line. Only downside is that mirror wraps seem to be pretty pricey especially if I want it ppf
True, true! Altel wants $6k to wrap it.... I can get the Polish for $3k...but then you would have the ability to revert back to the original....decisions, decision!
 
OP
OP
TexsyBeast

TexsyBeast

Member
First Name
Jeremiah
Joined
May 14, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
Camas, WA.
Website
www.agentjeremiah.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
State Farm Agent
Country flag
Huh?

If you give the metal a mirror polish it's even easier to go back to the factory finish! The mirror finish is created by removing all the fine scratches that give the truck it's matte sheen. Want it back? Just sand it again with a coarser grit!

I'm not going to a mirror polish because I get it muddy and bushwack a lot. The factory finish hides the fine scratches unless the angle of the light is just right to see them. A mirror finish would make them stand out and I would be constantly polishing it back to a mirror finish.
Where in Western WA are you located? I am in SW across the river from Pdx and all their middle fingers!
 

RoboTaxi

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
489
Reaction score
265
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
Beast when the gods bless me
Country flag
True, true! Altel wants $6k to wrap it.... I can get the Polish for $3k...but then you would have the ability to revert back to the original....decisions, decision!
Wrap it yourself. It’s very doable and you’ll have an endorphin dump.
 
 
Top