• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Anyone polish the stainless steel yet?

Noblelr3

Well-known member
First Name
Noble
Joined
Dec 10, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
240
Reaction score
200
Location
Coto DeCaza
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
I’ve done the BKF and Windex twice. Works great
 

Marc Montgomery

Well-known member
First Name
Friction is your friend
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
81
Reaction score
71
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
S 3 x cybertruck
Country flag
I have thought about it, think it would be cool and look great. That much mirror at that many angles would be terrifying in the sun though. I am afraid I would cause a lot of accidents just by existing.
 

Trbizwiz

Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Apr 7, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
138
Reaction score
64
Location
Bradenton FL
Vehicles
Model X, Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
I have thought about it, think it would be cool and look great. That much mirror at that many angles would be terrifying in the sun though. I am afraid I would cause a lot of accidents just by existing.
Many Stainless steel tankers have a mirror finish. There are hundreds if thousands on the road driving millions of miles each day. Seems like a few thousand Cybertrucks won’t be much of an issue. There was a technique mentioned in another thread that changes the surface of the stainless steel, so it won’t finger print. I forgot what it’s called. It’s some sort of chemical, and it’s similar to anodizing aluminum. I wonder if that would work on a mirror finish, without changing the mirror properties?
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
I have thought about it, think it would be cool and look great. That much mirror at that many angles would be terrifying in the sun though. I am afraid I would cause a lot of accidents just by existing.
I just assumed the OP was asking about any kind of abrasive polishing (polishing doesn't neccessaily imply to a mirror polish). I saw his rendered image was of a mirror polish but I would be interested to know if anyone has polished it at all, with any abrasives beyond Barkeeper's Friend.

I haven't yet because it's been looking so good so far with minimal care, just a wash with a truck brush and bucket of soapy water. Not even any Barkeepers friend yet (although I did buy the kind in the spray bottle, without abrasives, just in case I needed it at some point).
 
 
Top