I would be wary of using any coating on the stainless steel because none of them are as tough as the steel itself. Even if you scratch it, you can just polish out the scratch. With coatings you face a multi-step process.Looks awesome. Wish I had seen this before doing the Barkeepers and applying Protectaclear. Your finish looks so much better. I wonder if using a ceramic coating after youβre done would be a better option.
Thank you! I'm becoming very proud of the new look. I hope to get the entire passenger side and tail-gate finished by the weekend. I'm a big fan of the CyberMirror and the people who are doing it. I'm also a personal injury lawyer.looks great! much better than any mirror finish. and without the impending ambulance chasers too!
You make an excellent point about the ProtectaClear sealant. Was a pain in the ass to remove. Definitely would have to be taken off before any future polishing would be possible. Right now, I don't intend to seal it. I want to watch how it ages on 007 over the next few months.I would be wary of using any coating on the stainless steel because none of them are as tough as the steel itself. Even if you scratch it, you can just polish out the scratch. With coatings you face a multi-step process.
A good way to go is to polish out the finish with a 1000 grit silicone carbide abrasive disc (made for metal polishing) on a RO sander so it has much finer scratch pattern and then wash it with soap and water and let a natural patina develop.
Ha that one mine just a few I saw on the web. Those are def to shiny ?Very Nice!! Love the CyberMirror! 007 isn't going to be that shiny!!![]()
WOW. I know it was a lot of hard work but that looks amazing!Complete White Diamond Metal Polishing makes 007 sparkle β¨οΈ like a Diamond ? Very impressive results for $20 bottle of Polish. Check beginning of review for more information and photos of the transformation to a chrome look β¨οΈ for your Cybertruck.
![]()
Thank you! It was time consuming but well worth the effort and cigars! 007 is definitely "Casino Royale" suited..WOW. I know it was a lot of hard work but that looks amazing!
Thank you! Haha, not as shiny as yours, but, I got my $20 worth with about a 1/4 bottle of White Diamond Metal Polish left. Thank you on my Viper. Dream car ? I've owned for decades now. 97 GTS is so beautiful and a Beast in its day. 007 is the New Millennium Beast now.I got a quote for $7K to polish my truck... I'd say OP did very well
Very Nice Viper BTW ?