• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Powershare for Powerwalls update due soon

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
My cell I’ll come on Sunday afternoon 3pm ish or Monday evening
Cash is king!
Probably a good idea to edit out your number (now that he has it) to avoid an increase in spam calls
 
Last edited:

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
After being on hold over two hours today, The Tesla representative confirmed PowerShare with cybertruck and Powerwall not yet avaialable, and no idea when/if it will become avaialable.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Q3 has come and gone and the Tesla webpage now doesn’t even state 2025 anymore… It says something about enabled in the future with an update. I wonder where things stand. It’s sort of ridiculous…
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Powershare for Powerwalls update due soon IMG_7297
 

PungoteagueDave

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
705
Reaction score
389
Location
Boynton Beach
Vehicles
‘25 Tesla Cybertruck, ‘26 Tesla MY Launch, ‘13 Porsche C4S, ‘26 BMW R1300 GSA
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Q3 has come and gone and the Tesla webpage now doesn’t even state 2025 anymore… It says something about enabled in the future with an update. I wonder where things stand. It’s sort of ridiculous…
I have a sinking feeling that we’re seeing this go the way of the Tesla sports car and the CT range extender. Vaporware essentially forever.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I have a sinking feeling that we’re seeing this go the way of the Tesla sports car and the CT range extender. Vaporware essentially forever.
God I hope not. I have a lot of money tied up in this idea.
 

Coolhandz

Well-known member
First Name
Nicholas
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Threads
11
Messages
198
Reaction score
160
Location
Johnstown, CO
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2026 Model Y (Jelly Bean); 2025 Cybertruck AWD (Trimaxion)
Country flag
Q3 has come and gone and the Tesla webpage now doesn’t even state 2025 anymore… It says something about enabled in the future with an update. I wonder where things stand. It’s sort of ridiculous…

Just looked. "coming soon through an over-the-air update." At least it's still on there at all. I'll take coming soon over q4 2026. 😂
 
OP
OP
speedstuff

speedstuff

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Nov 27, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
57
Reaction score
81
Location
El Dorado
Vehicles
24 CT Beast, 24 FS CT Beast, 25 MSP, 23 C8 Z06
Occupation
ecom
Country flag
If it turns out that we never get it I am sure someone will figure out how to install the gateway kit and bypass the powerwalls during an outage (at least I hope so as I am invested in this feature as well)
 

PungoteagueDave

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
705
Reaction score
389
Location
Boynton Beach
Vehicles
‘25 Tesla Cybertruck, ‘26 Tesla MY Launch, ‘13 Porsche C4S, ‘26 BMW R1300 GSA
Occupation
retired
Country flag
God I hope not. I have a lot of money tied up in this idea.
Me too. I doubt they can legally weasel into completely abandoning bidirectional support, but a long term unwritten suspension (see the sports car deposits) could maybe do the trick. It’s a big software investment for only a small subset of the 50 or 60k current CT owners. I doubt that more than 5,000 of us have made the added hardware investment at this point, and with CT sales now below 1k per month, the market hasn’t materialized sufficiently for adding this functionality to make economic sense. Assuming an optimistic 10% take rate by CT owners, we’ll still have under 10k candidates for this a couple years from now.

That could be the legitimate economic case for abandoning the effort or transitioning bidirectional charging back to the more conventional Tesla models, as our version (CT) can’t be reused in that arena (all other Teslas). However, the commitment was in writing and like you, induced a lot of us, albeit a relatively small overall group, to (a) buy a vehicle and (b) invest in the Tesla infrastructure for our homes. On the other hand, the low take rate is arguably an unforeseen and uncontrollable situation - Tesla can maintain that they had every intention of delivering but circumstances occurred that were beyond their control.

It’s gonna get really interesting if we’re still posting in this thread a year from now.
 
Last edited:

bluerice

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
49
Reaction score
32
Location
Texas
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla will abandon this next year in my opinion. They kept pushing the date. Now no date. CT sales volume doesn’t justify the cost. Hell, even Elon isn’t hyping it like every other Tesla product.

Hoping not but writing is on the wall. PS is a big reason I went with the CT last year. Sucks.
 

Dmayo305

Well-known member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Dec 25, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
210
Reaction score
137
Location
Las Vegas
Vehicles
Previous: 2014 MS, 2016 MX, 2017.5 MS. Current: 2023 MX, 2024 CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I'm not super happy, because this feature was literally the main reason I bought the truck.
 
Last edited:

bluerice

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
49
Reaction score
32
Location
Texas
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
I'm not sure happy, but this feature was literally the main reason I bought the truck.
I got it for three reasons
1. Backup vehicle
2. Utility (truck)
3. Supplement power walls.

The value of having like 10 powerwalls for 100k..when a power wall cost let’s say $10k installed…helped justify the cost. No PowerShare means a substantial loss of value for myself.
 
 
Top