• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Mounting Christmas lights on Cybertruck

johnnykabq

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
62
Reaction score
63
Location
Albuquerque
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Serious question: I purchased some Govee permanent mount Christmas lights from Costco and have quite a bit leftover. I was considering mounting them under my truck.

Q1: Do you see any issue mounting string lights under the truck?

Q2: Any recommendation on adhesive?

Q3: Can you think of anything I haven’t considered? I’ve basically only envisioned having a seasonally appropriate light show year round. (Christmas, new year, Fourth of July, Halloween, mid-term elections) I’m too excited to think of anything that could go wrong.

Sound off gentlemen and gentle-ladies.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Mounting Christmas lights on Cybertruck IMG_6845
 

CTOmaha

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 24, 2024
Threads
20
Messages
180
Reaction score
205
Location
Nebraska
Vehicles
CT FS AWD, MY 24
Country flag
If you want under the truck, I would not use those. Get some rugged underglow pods instead. Those govee are outdoors but I wouldn’t use them on the underside.

I have these but not permanently mounted:
https://a.co/d/asywKzX

They come with magnets so I use them on the exterior.
 

BeFamousVideo

Well-known member
First Name
Vincent
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
419
Reaction score
258
Location
Orange County, CA
Vehicles
CT Beast delivered May 2024
Occupation
Automation Agency
Country flag
If you want under the truck, I would not use those. Get some rugged underglow pods instead. Those govee are outdoors but I wouldn’t use them on the underside.

I have these but not permanently mounted:
https://a.co/d/asywKzX

They come with magnets so I use them on the exterior.
Those lights are a good find. Thanks.
 

Black306

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
512
Reaction score
449
Location
Sacramento
Vehicles
ā€˜24 DM CT | ā€˜23 M3 RWD
Country flag
I only did it to mess around.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...mas-lights-to-cybertruck.50622/#post-30702178

Have an extra string & power supply of these…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton...t-Powered-by-Hubspace-SQHDK03-15PSL/330863181

Since I was just messing around, I only blue taped it to the bottom. If I were to do a more permanent installation, I’d probably use the channel in the middle of the battery and 3D print brackets to hold the string. Another option is using the mounting points on the sides of the truck where running boards bolt onto; use a 1x3 piece of wood bolted to the bottom and the lights screwed to the board kinda like a permanent house install.

Also, there will be a warning every time you start the truck that the bed outlet door is open. Not a big deal, but something to consider.
 

carsly

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Dec 13, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Princeton, NJ
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag
watch about 20 seconds in, did mine around the vault using the built-in adhesive



Lights: https://amzn.to/4pv9McJ

If you want to do something similar to mine, you'll need the linked 32.8 feet of length.
 
Last edited:

Lasttoy

Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
470
Reaction score
156
Location
St Augustine, FL
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I put lights all over my truck last year. Controlled off back 110v outlets.
 
 
Top