• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

How to lower (squat) the rear suspension for loading?

jdown26ty

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
9
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Controls/Automation
Country flag
I saw in a video someone lowered the rear in service mode, to facilitate loading. Can anyone walk me through that process? I want the tail gate as close to the ground as possible.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen How to lower (squat) the rear suspension for loading? 1931591A-5C31-402A-9886-E574A29E3ED2
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Cybertruck 1974

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Threads
39
Messages
848
Reaction score
464
Location
Everywhere
Vehicles
Cybertruck, H2, Samurai, Ford Transit, Chevy Silverado EV, Jaguar, Corvette, M38
It's on you tube too. Would be nice if it's a built in feature and not have to put in service mode which could be a warranty issue in future if they got picky about things but anyways, another good thing is I took my tailgate apart to relocate my camera and it's bare inside, enough room for a slide out ramp!! I'm surely going to make that happen.
 

Fodderof4

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
91
Reaction score
42
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
I suspect that squatting action isn’t reliable long term for the truck’s air suspension…. Probably why there are ramps…

 

ChiTownCT

Well-known member
First Name
CT
Joined
Aug 22, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
581
Reaction score
657
Location
Chicago
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
It's on you tube too. Would be nice if it's a built in feature and not have to put in service mode which could be a warranty issue in future if they got picky about things but anyways, another good thing is I took my tailgate apart to relocate my camera and it's bare inside, enough room for a slide out ramp!! I'm surely going to make that happen.
Original prototype seemed to have that ability, I guarantee we'll be getting it.. I won't ever do the Service Menu Squat..
 

ModelAZ

Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Nov 15, 2019
Threads
249
Messages
446
Reaction score
964
Location
Marin County
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Original prototype seemed to have that ability, I guarantee we'll be getting it.. I won't ever do the Service Menu Squat..
I like your attitude here. But the original also had a built in ramp, so that alone won’t guarantee it. I suspect there are quite a few things in the pipeline related to towing that we will eventually see, crouch being one.
 

Gaximus

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
885
Location
Mead, CO
Vehicles
CyberBeast, Model 3, Jeep Wrangler, Yamaha R6
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
If you are loading, couldn’t you just do the lowest setting? Does the front of the bed need to be higher?
Also I image there will be after market tailgates with built in ramps at some point. Or maybe even Tesla versions(that are over priced)
 

Chris9702L

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
May 28, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
354
Reaction score
348
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
And to get it out of the mode you have to drive it for a short time. This would suck if you had to go over a taller obstacle. Don’t know why they can’t make it a standard feature? Don’t know why you can’t send a question or comment to an engineer and get answers.
 

Deleted member 17810

Guest
And to get it out of the mode you have to drive it for a short time. This would suck if you had to go over a taller obstacle. Don’t know why they can’t make it a standard feature? Don’t know why you can’t send a question or comment to an engineer and get answers.
Probably a liability thing. Having shit slide out of the truck as your loading more.
 

Crissa

Well-known member
First Name
Crissa
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
133
Messages
17,100
Reaction score
11,179
Location
Santa Cruz
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's on you tube too. Would be nice if it's a built in feature and not have to put in service mode which could be a warranty issue in future if...
Legally that cannot be a warranty issue. They have to prove the thing you did caused the issue, and that it wouldn't be a reasonable thing to do with the product.

Know your rights.

If you are loading, couldn’t you just do the lowest setting? Does the front of the bed need to be higher?
The front being higher makes the tailgate lower - because slope and pivot point.

Surprised this isn't just in the height menu.

-Crissa
 

Stuck4ger

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Threads
36
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
893
Location
Cape Canaveral, FL
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Aerospace
Country flag
It's on you tube too. Would be nice if it's a built in feature and not have to put in service mode which could be a warranty issue in future if they got picky about things but anyways, another good thing is I took my tailgate apart to relocate my camera and it's bare inside, enough room for a slide out ramp!! I'm surely going to make that happen.
If you add a deployable ramp to the tailgate are you also going to engineer in the easy-close feature it has now?
 
 
Top