• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Worst delivery in my life (truck died in 5 minutes) UPDATE: FIXED

Ward L

Well-known member
First Name
Ward
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
218
Reaction score
166
Location
Camarillo, CA
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Did you take delivery in Camarillo? I picked up VIN 36XX in Camarillo on Tuesday, March 26. I thought this issue would be fixed by our VIN. I haven’t driven it much, mostly because I don’t drive much. I am planning a road trip up to Davis in two weeks. YIKKES!
 
OP
OP

cyberstank

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
84
Reaction score
146
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Cybertruck Model 3 Plaid
Country flag
Did you take delivery in Camarillo? I picked up VIN 36XX in Camarillo on Tuesday, March 26. I thought this issue would be fixed by our VIN. I haven’t driven it much, mostly because I don’t drive much. I am planning a road trip up to Davis in two weeks. YIKKES!
Yep! Camarillo. Wishing you best of luck!?
 

Ward L

Well-known member
First Name
Ward
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
218
Reaction score
166
Location
Camarillo, CA
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Yep! Camarillo. Wishing you best of luck!?
I have to believe my truck has a similar issue lurking somewhere in there. I noticed in a You-Tube of a CT dying, at the time of failure, the driver was juicing it. Were you doing a hard acceleration when it died? I briefly floored my CT on the way home from the delivery. If something is going to break, it will likely break when stressed. Maybe I should "drive it like I stole it" before my road trip up north!

Do you have a timeline for repair?
 
OP
OP

cyberstank

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
84
Reaction score
146
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Cybertruck Model 3 Plaid
Country flag
I have to believe my truck has a similar issue lurking somewhere in there. I noticed in a You-Tube of a CT dying, at the time of failure, the driver was juicing it. Were you doing a hard acceleration when it died? I briefly floored my CT on the way home from the delivery. If something is going to break, it will likely break when stressed. Maybe I should "drive it like I stole it" before my road trip up north!

Do you have a timeline for repair?
I was merging on freeway 101 heading north, not a hard acceleration, but was a pretty sharp turn actually. I noticed in his video it happens and random times too.
Service is closed today so they said tomorrow they’ll have information, no real ETA at this point. Can’t hurt to stress test it a little, if it’s indeed the harness or something is loose or otherwise
 

CarMan ElecTruck

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
553
Reaction score
345
Location
Other Earth
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
This is becoming the norm, unfortunately. Happening more and more and doesn’t appear to be an isolated incident, yet

I wonder how many harnesses this effects, or is it an installation issue?
 
OP
OP

cyberstank

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
84
Reaction score
146
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Cybertruck Model 3 Plaid
Country flag
This is becoming the norm, unfortunately. Happening more and more and doesn’t appear to be an isolated incident, yet

I wonder how many harnesses this effects, or is it an installation issue?
will update here when I know more
 

Beyond

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
216
Reaction score
216
Location
Rum River Watershed, MN
Vehicles
2026 Model Y LR and 2014 Subie Fozzie
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Use the “Ignore” button man. You’ll be much happier.

Never used it until recently but with all the whiners, assholes, trolls and all around dumb shits that have joined in the last couple of months…. ?
Very much agree. The last few months it's gotten worse. People have issues, it's too bad but it's their problem. Hope for their recovery. Ignore is our friend.
 

liquid5170

Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Mar 31, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego, CA
Website
simplestudio3d.etsy.com
Vehicles
24 Cyberbeast & 22 Model S
Country flag
Took delivery today, AWD.. made it 1 mile down road, started getting steering error, flashing red screen, pulled off side of highway now the truck is dead and I’m waiting for a tow truck. Dealer couldn’t do anything for me. It was great for 5 minutes.. tried everything, restarting, screen is stuck black and keeps beeping

tesla really rushed these trucks out, what a nightmare.

IMG_3603.JPG
are you gear down on YT?
 

bmek

Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
10
Location
California
Vehicles
Roadster 2.5 Sport, MY Dual, MY Perf, CyberBeast
Country flag
@cyberstank

I took delivery of my CyberBeast on Thursday and I feel your pain.

Employees receive the first couple hundred vehicles from Tesla because they will identify and tolerate the initial manufacturing issues.

I'm going on a road trip to western Canada in July and I don't want any mechanical issues during that trip. My plan is to do a shakedown trip from San Jose to Los Angeles.

Someone posted a link to the CyberTruck service alerts in one of the threads and I went through them. I'd be interested to know if the harness issues mentioned above have been documented.

Thank you for posting, and let everyone know how the problem gets resolved.
 
OP
OP

cyberstank

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
84
Reaction score
146
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Cybertruck Model 3 Plaid
Country flag
@cyberstank

I took delivery of my CyberBeast on Thursday and I feel your pain.

Employees receive the first couple hundred vehicles from Tesla because they will identify and tolerate the initial manufacturing issues.

I'm going on a road trip to western Canada in July and I don't want any mechanical issues during that trip. My plan is to do a shakedown trip from San Jose to Los Angeles.

Someone posted a link to the CyberTruck service alerts in one of the threads and I went through them. I'd be interested to know if the harness issues mentioned above have been documented.

Thank you for posting, and let everyone know how the problem gets resolved.
Smart, best of luck to you dude!
 

FutureTruck

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
302
Reaction score
212
Location
GA- USA
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
@cyberstank

I took delivery of my CyberBeast on Thursday and I feel your pain.

Employees receive the first couple hundred vehicles from Tesla because they will identify and tolerate the initial manufacturing issues.

I'm going on a road trip to western Canada in July and I don't want any mechanical issues during that trip. My plan is to do a shakedown trip from San Jose to Los Angeles.

Someone posted a link to the CyberTruck service alerts in one of the threads and I went through them. I'd be interested to know if the harness issues mentioned above have been documented.

Thank you for posting, and let everyone know how the problem gets resolved.
Would give it some time before you take a road trip with the CT. My son and family got stranded hundreds of miles way with a wiring harness problem out of nowhere. Would make sure you are doing the shakedown trip not during rush hour.
 

Lasttoy

Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
470
Reaction score
156
Location
St Augustine, FL
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, NO service center can fix these. A guy posted his has been in SC 18 days. Zero. Another guy said a week.
They didn't setup a hot line to call if these break down. We are screwed if it happens. It will be dead in SC.
 
 
Top