• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Air Conditioner Just Died in Arizona

OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
241
Reaction score
234
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Update: Just received a call from service center and they are telling me the truck is ready :oops:

They said it's a KNOWN issue and a "Software Bug". They said they reset the system and it's working now. I was also advised a new software is coming out soon to address the issue. I asked if they reverted to a previous software version or updated the software and they said NO.
They want me to come and pick it up..not sure if I can trust it with the known issue..It's 108F in the shade.

The truck is on 2024.20.6(642f2d067ae6)
 

Fodderof4

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
91
Reaction score
42
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
Hmmm…. I wonder if “software reset” is available in ”service” mode….

I reset the infotainment system in my 3 periodically when the Podcasting or music functions start to get wonky and things are usually reset to working well.

but also had the X AC go out and I waited for an appointment in the app but when I finally took it in the service center said I should have brought it in as in AZ that is an emergency.

My Beast is allegedly in transit so delivery is soon… Collecting as many tips as possible
 
OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
241
Reaction score
234
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Picked up the truck and the AC is blowing nice and cold again. I asked if it happens again can I do a reset myself and the service rep said no, just come back. However, he did say TESLA is aware of the "bug" and it will be fixed on the next update.
 

Pialot

Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
179
Reaction score
156
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Litigation Management
Country flag
Yikes I hope it doesn’t affect all CT down the road until the updated is provided. SC have a hard time working on CT because only certified tech can touch your CT what I was told. My SC only has 2 tech who can work on the CT.
 
 
Top