• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel Package Review

TeslaKen

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Apr 26, 2024
Threads
87
Messages
983
Reaction score
695
Location
Overland Park
Website
www.halocybertruck.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M3PD+, GT4, XK140OTS
Occupation
Currently Occupied
Country flag
Like many around the country, we are getting hit with frigid subzero temperatures and snow. Since I had a heads up that the storm was coming I decided to mount my Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel package that I got from Tesla last summer. (There is a thread about it elsewhere in this forum so I won't rehash that.) Mounting was easy, no need to change anything on screen other than changing the tire type to winter tire. I drove them on regular pavement for a day before the snow and the two things I noticed were:
1) A little more road noise from the tires
2) A little more drag when letting off the accelerator and letting the truck slow to a stop

Other than that, good ride, good handling, no complaints.

Last winter I had the stock Goodyear tires on the truck and drove around in the snow without any issues other than the occasional slip of the tires in places with ice or limited traction. If I didn't have a set of winter wheels and tires, I would be perfectly comfortable driving around on the stock tires, but since I have the winter set I decided to go out and have some fun.

I will shoot some video later but so far the winter tires have been excellent, more grip and less slip than the stock tires and they can help you accelerate quickly or brake quickly if you need to. I'm not advocating reckless driving in the snow but I am saying that these tires will provide enough grip that I believe most people will never get out of control while using these tires. Overall, very pleased with this set and I have been shuttling people around town today that need to go places and are afraid to take their own vehicle, I guess I should consider becoming an Uber Winter shuttle! :) Initially, I had the pressures in the tires at 48psi when they were mounted but then the temps dropped and they are at 43 or 44 psi now in the subzero temps which causes it to throw a low tire pressure warning icon on the screen which I promptly ignored after checking the pressures. I suppose I could add a couple of pounds to make those warnings go away.

Mileage/Range is decreased but how much of that is the subzero temps and how much of that is due to the winter tires is impossible to say. When I drove to and from the gym on the tires yesterday before it snowed, I only noticed a 1% difference in battery power that the truck used vs. a "normal" trip to the gym, but again, that's within a margin of error where temps, traffic conditions, etc. could also play a part in that. Yes, I know I should have done identical trips with the energy meter on and taken some screen shots, but I didn't. If the range had been significantly worse, then I would have gone out and done that. I had heard tales last winter of people only getting 50% of their normal range during winter, no idea why that might be other than temperature differences and maybe driving style differences and other factors combined, but I do not believe that changing to the winter tires is going to make a huge impact to your range, at least it hasn't for me so far. I have driven both on FSD and manually (seems weird to say that).

I will share a couple of pics here of the wheels and tires and when I get a chance shoot some video and come back and post it as well. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I did just visit the Tesla Shop and noticed that the Tire and Wheel package no longer uses the Goodyear tires but rather Pirellis. Speaking from personal experience on my Model 3 my Pirelli SotoZero 2 tires were great, the SotoZero 3's were garbage and I changed to Michelin X Ice instead. I have no idea how good or bad the Pirelli winter tires for the Cybertruck might be, but Pirelli has no treadwear warranty whereas I know Michelin and Goodyear both do. Tesla still sells the Goodyear tires by themselves though, and here is the link: Cybertruck Goodyear DuraTrac RT Tire

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel Package Review 20260124_144614
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel Package Review 20260124_105929
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel Package Review 20260122_150828
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel Package Review 20260122_150805
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel Package Review 20260122_150739
 

BrockN

Well-known member
First Name
Brock
Joined
Jan 1, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
301
Reaction score
230
Location
Kamloops BC Canada
Vehicles
'24 FS Cybertruck, '23 MY, '15 MS
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Definitely better than the stock ATs. Definitely more rolling resistance. My experience, in the same temperature and driving conditions, is about 12-13%... which is higher than I wanted to see...but if they keep me on the road, I guess that's a reasonable cost.
 

RoboTaxi

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
489
Reaction score
265
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
Beast when the gods bless me
Country flag
Beast acceleration suffers which is understandable. Traction control kicks in sooner.
 

⛽️?

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Location
NOVA
Vehicles
CT & Y
Country flag
Like many around the country, we are getting hit with frigid subzero temperatures and snow. Since I had a heads up that the storm was coming I decided to mount my Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel package that I got from Tesla last summer. (There is a thread about it elsewhere in this forum so I won't rehash that.) Mounting was easy, no need to change anything on screen other than changing the tire type to winter tire. I drove them on regular pavement for a day before the snow and the two things I noticed were:
1) A little more road noise from the tires
2) A little more drag when letting off the accelerator and letting the truck slow to a stop

Other than that, good ride, good handling, no complaints.

Last winter I had the stock Goodyear tires on the truck and drove around in the snow without any issues other than the occasional slip of the tires in places with ice or limited traction. If I didn't have a set of winter wheels and tires, I would be perfectly comfortable driving around on the stock tires, but since I have the winter set I decided to go out and have some fun.

I will shoot some video later but so far the winter tires have been excellent, more grip and less slip than the stock tires and they can help you accelerate quickly or brake quickly if you need to. I'm not advocating reckless driving in the snow but I am saying that these tires will provide enough grip that I believe most people will never get out of control while using these tires. Overall, very pleased with this set and I have been shuttling people around town today that need to go places and are afraid to take their own vehicle, I guess I should consider becoming an Uber Winter shuttle! :) Initially, I had the pressures in the tires at 48psi when they were mounted but then the temps dropped and they are at 43 or 44 psi now in the subzero temps which causes it to throw a low tire pressure warning icon on the screen which I promptly ignored after checking the pressures. I suppose I could add a couple of pounds to make those warnings go away.

Mileage/Range is decreased but how much of that is the subzero temps and how much of that is due to the winter tires is impossible to say. When I drove to and from the gym on the tires yesterday before it snowed, I only noticed a 1% difference in battery power that the truck used vs. a "normal" trip to the gym, but again, that's within a margin of error where temps, traffic conditions, etc. could also play a part in that. Yes, I know I should have done identical trips with the energy meter on and taken some screen shots, but I didn't. If the range had been significantly worse, then I would have gone out and done that. I had heard tales last winter of people only getting 50% of their normal range during winter, no idea why that might be other than temperature differences and maybe driving style differences and other factors combined, but I do not believe that changing to the winter tires is going to make a huge impact to your range, at least it hasn't for me so far. I have driven both on FSD and manually (seems weird to say that).

I will share a couple of pics here of the wheels and tires and when I get a chance shoot some video and come back and post it as well. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I did just visit the Tesla Shop and noticed that the Tire and Wheel package no longer uses the Goodyear tires but rather Pirellis. Speaking from personal experience on my Model 3 my Pirelli SotoZero 2 tires were great, the SotoZero 3's were garbage and I changed to Michelin X Ice instead. I have no idea how good or bad the Pirelli winter tires for the Cybertruck might be, but Pirelli has no treadwear warranty whereas I know Michelin and Goodyear both do. Tesla still sells the Goodyear tires by themselves though, and here is the link: Cybertruck Goodyear DuraTrac RT Tire

20260124_144614.webp
20260124_105929.webp
20260122_150828.webp
20260122_150805.webp
20260122_150739.webp
Goodyear psi are rated at 80, I put 70psi in on the Goodyear winter tire otherwise they feel like they have drag if you run them around 45-50. Rolls better with the tires pumped up around 70psi?
What PSI are people using on the Goodyear?
 

Zane Edwards

Well-known member
First Name
ZMAN
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
282
Reaction score
232
Location
California
Vehicles
Audi R8, BMW 4 Conv. MB GLS, Tesla CT AWD
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Like many around the country, we are getting hit with frigid subzero temperatures and snow. Since I had a heads up that the storm was coming I decided to mount my Tesla Winter Tire & Wheel package that I got from Tesla last summer. (There is a thread about it elsewhere in this forum so I won't rehash that.) Mounting was easy, no need to change anything on screen other than changing the tire type to winter tire. I drove them on regular pavement for a day before the snow and the two things I noticed were:
1) A little more road noise from the tires
2) A little more drag when letting off the accelerator and letting the truck slow to a stop

Other than that, good ride, good handling, no complaints.

Last winter I had the stock Goodyear tires on the truck and drove around in the snow without any issues other than the occasional slip of the tires in places with ice or limited traction. If I didn't have a set of winter wheels and tires, I would be perfectly comfortable driving around on the stock tires, but since I have the winter set I decided to go out and have some fun.

I will shoot some video later but so far the winter tires have been excellent, more grip and less slip than the stock tires and they can help you accelerate quickly or brake quickly if you need to. I'm not advocating reckless driving in the snow but I am saying that these tires will provide enough grip that I believe most people will never get out of control while using these tires. Overall, very pleased with this set and I have been shuttling people around town today that need to go places and are afraid to take their own vehicle, I guess I should consider becoming an Uber Winter shuttle! :) Initially, I had the pressures in the tires at 48psi when they were mounted but then the temps dropped and they are at 43 or 44 psi now in the subzero temps which causes it to throw a low tire pressure warning icon on the screen which I promptly ignored after checking the pressures. I suppose I could add a couple of pounds to make those warnings go away.

Mileage/Range is decreased but how much of that is the subzero temps and how much of that is due to the winter tires is impossible to say. When I drove to and from the gym on the tires yesterday before it snowed, I only noticed a 1% difference in battery power that the truck used vs. a "normal" trip to the gym, but again, that's within a margin of error where temps, traffic conditions, etc. could also play a part in that. Yes, I know I should have done identical trips with the energy meter on and taken some screen shots, but I didn't. If the range had been significantly worse, then I would have gone out and done that. I had heard tales last winter of people only getting 50% of their normal range during winter, no idea why that might be other than temperature differences and maybe driving style differences and other factors combined, but I do not believe that changing to the winter tires is going to make a huge impact to your range, at least it hasn't for me so far. I have driven both on FSD and manually (seems weird to say that).

I will share a couple of pics here of the wheels and tires and when I get a chance shoot some video and come back and post it as well. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I did just visit the Tesla Shop and noticed that the Tire and Wheel package no longer uses the Goodyear tires but rather Pirellis. Speaking from personal experience on my Model 3 my Pirelli SotoZero 2 tires were great, the SotoZero 3's were garbage and I changed to Michelin X Ice instead. I have no idea how good or bad the Pirelli winter tires for the Cybertruck might be, but Pirelli has no treadwear warranty whereas I know Michelin and Goodyear both do. Tesla still sells the Goodyear tires by themselves though, and here is the link: Cybertruck Goodyear DuraTrac RT Tire

20260124_144614.webp
20260124_105929.webp
20260122_150828.webp
20260122_150805.webp
20260122_150739.webp
They look great on there, especially with that bad ass wrap! Look forward to some clips in the snow
 

MisterChilidog

Well-known member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Sep 28, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
63
Reaction score
47
Location
Lehi, Utah
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Goodyear psi are rated at 80, I put 70psi in on the Goodyear winter tire otherwise they feel like they have drag if you run them around 45-50. Rolls better with the tires pumped up around 70psi?
What PSI are people using on the Goodyear?
I keep mine ~53-54 PSI (always measured cold), same as my Summer tires (Bridgestone Dueler A/T Ascent). When I'm towing, I air-up to ~65 PSI, also the same as my Summer tires. If you're always running with your tires at 70 PSI, I'm guessing you're seeing excessive wear in the middle of your treads?
 

Fugue

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
242
Reaction score
239
Location
Kentucky
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FSD, Model Y LR FSD
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag
Our unusually heavy snow has turned to ice, and the Duratracs are handling surprisingly well. No slippage on turns where I'd expect it. Makes me want to find some frozen hills and terrain just to torture test them.
 
 
Top