I find myself "pushing" FSD, frequently, through turns, following stop signs. BUT, I've learned to check first, to be sure FSD isn't hesitating for a reason. I've learned (the hard way) that FSD is FREQUENTLY aware of things that I am not, and almost always handles those things appropriately...
I share your feelings about the rolling stop. But Tesla COULD achieve a reasonable middle ground by having FSD wait a bit longer to make the final deceleration from 5mph to 0, reducing that excruciatingly LOOONGGGG slow-down BEFORE it comes to a complete stop. The full stop is a minor nuisance...
I wouldn't say it's fixed. It's been improved, for sure, but my 14.2.2.4 Cybertruck still deviates from nav (sometimes for good, sometimes for bad), but not nearly as frequently (or as badly) as my 14.2.2.3 Model Y. The past couple months' updates have been a really interesting collection of...
I keep mine ~53-54 PSI (always measured cold), same as my Summer tires (Bridgestone Dueler A/T Ascent). When I'm towing, I air-up to ~65 PSI, also the same as my Summer tires. If you're always running with your tires at 70 PSI, I'm guessing you're seeing excessive wear in the middle of your treads?
We power our induction range and camp refrigerator with our EcoFlow Delta Max. So ~2000watts and ~2000wh maintained with a Allpowers 400watt portable solar panel I found on Amazon.
More recently, I have taken a shine to the BougeRV 200watt flexible panels. A pair of them weight a fraction of...
That's worth testing beforehand. I've always run the range on our EcoFlow. But the bed 120s are supposed to be 20-amp, which should suffice. But "should" doesn't necessarily stand up to reality, so definitely test. 😉 I'd be interested in hearing your results, but now I'm absolutely going to try...
This is a good planning approach. But there's at least one more consideration I would suggest - weather. I recently went on an elk hunt in the high Uintahs, and the overnight cold was sapping 8%-12% of my CT's battery each night. With the nearest Supercharger an hour drive away, I was left with...
You shouldn't need the 14-50 to 5-20 adapter. The induction range (assuming 2 burners) likely still doesn't need more current than the 120v outlets in the CT bed can provide. My wife and I have run our induction range at full tilt and measured only 1800 watts on the kill-a-watt meter. But that...
My philosophy is to target enough battery capacity to handle one day's activities with some reserve capacity to spare. Once I have that, sufficient solar to completely recharge the generator (including the spare capacity) in a single day is the next requirement. Barring too much bad weather...
The induction range will likely need more watts AND more watt-hours than that generator can provide. My wife and I learned that lesson the hard way while camping in Southern Utah, before the Cybertruck. We promptly upgraded our off-grid power source to an EcoFlow Delta Max (2400W and 2000Wh)...
Our daughter moved out a couple years ago. Definitely a contributing factor to the spare time situation. If I fool around with my backyard off-grid solar anymore, my wife might have me committed. 🤪
No change to my insurance. I haven't given it much thought - I have pretty good coverage. I'll take a look at my policy and make sure I've got appropriate coverage though. Thanks for the suggestion.
I didn't start this early enough in 2025 for it to have an impact on taxes. So, it'll take some time to make an accurate assessment. But with a roughly 20 hr/wk schedule (which is SUPER easy to tailor to personal needs/wants/ambitions), the cash out is plenty to cover monthly payments, insurance...
Don't misunderstand me; I didn't quit my day job - I'm still a full-time software developer. BUT...
Back in September, as the Federal EV tax credit was approaching expiration, my niece's car died on her. I had already leant my second car (a 2004 Chevy Impala) to my brother, while his Honda was...
I can't speak to the other 2 options, but I bought a set of the Dueler A/T Ascent toward the end of Summer. Only drove on them about a month or so before it was time to switch to Winter tires, so I haven't had enough time to really get to know them. But my initial impression is favorable. Right...
FWIW I bought the Tesla Winter Tire package, and I was surprised to note that I got better range when towing (though not under normal driving conditions) with the Winter tires. The down side is that they are quite noisy, and not as smooth as the OEM ATs - definitely only going to use them during...
I had the Defender 2's on my Ford Escape, which is a poor comparison, but I found them to be reasonably competent off-road - even pulling my utility trailer with my 4-wheeler on it. Glad I don't have to drive that rig anymore, but it got the job done before the CT got delivered.
Considering what mine has been hit by, it's hard for me to imagine anything short of a tornado causing any damage. Some shitbag on a motorcycle even threw a rock at my windshield and still no damage. The only damage-prone part of the truck I've identified is the plastic air deflectors in front...
I haven't had a chance to log many FSD miles since the last update. But in the miles I HAVE logged, no more hugging the left of the lane - much improved!