Brings back memories of queuing for ABBA tickets outside the Melbourne Town Hall in '76... Total of 16 hours to get row four dead centre ....Frida sang to me half way through the Concert in January '77. EPICI can't wait. This is going to be phenomenal.
I LOVE Tesla reveals.
This brings me back to sitting in the rain in Chicago to put a deposit on my 2018 P3D back in 2017. 2nd in line in the blue tarp - The morning after the Model 3 reveal.
![]()
You mean Tesla? Let's hope not.I'm assuming this will be the last new model that has a steering wheel and pedals?
Believe you....Elon has indicated that to be true!I'm assuming this will be the last new model that has a steering wheel and pedals?
Believe you....Elon has indicated that to be true!
_Where we're going, we don't need Road_sters_ ( l thinkit was Doc Brown )
The dream would be if Tesla sent one to AustraliaTesla has just announced the Roadster 2.0 2nd Gen will debut on Thursday, October 1!
There is a countdown to the event at https://www.tesla.com/roadster
![]()
The official teaser image (on the event invite and on the Tesla Roadster website) is flipped upside down, but when flipped right side up and enhanced, you can see the gas thrusters' low placement on the Roadster, as well as some of the body.
![]()
Here is the invitation sent to Roadster reservation holders for the reveal event which will be held in Waco, Texas on October 1.
![]()
I didn't think there were that many deposits of $250k.I received this response from Tesla after I emailed them.
Hi Garlan- Thanks for the note and continued support over the years as an owner.
At this time, all invitations have been extended to Founder Series reservation holders, and we’re unable to accommodate any additional guests. We are planning to livestream this event so please follow our X account for more information as it becomes available.
We truly appreciate your support and understanding. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.
Best,
I didn't think there were that many deposits of $250k.
The problem I have with this is that the rich continue to receive all of the benefits.
When I was younger, I would have never thought that a deposit on a vehicle of $50k would not be considered as rich. Tesla has busted that bubble.
My poor $50k deposit. Tesla has made me feel like a poor person.
As l understand, the Roadster has one primary objective....
F1 Fan-Car Technology: Tesla patented race-banned F1 aero tech for the next-gen Roadster that mimics the ground-effect fan systems once used in Formula 1 racing.
One-Piece Seating Technology: Another recent Tesla patent revealed a one-piece seat design for the next-gen Roadster constructed out of composite carbon-nylon or Kevlar-nylon.
SpaceX Cold Gas Thruster Technology: The setup utilizes ultra-high-pressure composite overwrapped pressure vessels (COPV) feeding cold gas thruster nozzles tucked into the vehicle body. Recently circulated video footage captured outside a covered SpaceX test enclosure shows the silhouette of what appears to be a vehicle venting gas and briefly lifting off the tarmac, adding credibility to the hardware package.
Variable Steer-by-Wire Tech A recent Tesla patent showed a new steer-by-wire system that doubles rotational range compared to existing setups, and we speculated at the time that this tech could find its nology: way into the upcoming Roadster.
New CyberTruck Inspired Design: Interestingly, the styling appears sharper and more geometric than the curvy 2017 concept car, leading to speculation that the Roadster could adopt styling cues from the Cybertruck. Lending some credence to this theory, the official Tesla website now switches to the angular “Cybertext” font when you go to the Roadster page. However, none of the new Roadster icons and wordmarks Tesla trademarked earlier this spring pointed to this kind of design language.
How Much will the Roadster Cost: I'm just speculating on the tech, rare-air performance capabilities, and current competition. A Ferrari "Luce" is $680,000 and looks like a Nissan Leaf. Granted, it's performance is impressive. BYD's YangWang "U9 Extreme" Is $2.75 Million and limted to 30 vehicles. The road-going YangWang "U9" is about $250,000 and looks like a HyperCar.
I Invision Tesla's Roadster somewhere around $400,000 and the SpaceX package equipped version probably in the $Multi-Million$ and limited production volume. I can't wait to see it FLY!!
According to Elon, it's due to high winds. Which begs the question.... how much air is the Roadster going to get to be affected by windsWhelp its been moved back because of weather.
October 15th.
I'm not sure if the weather was going to be bad on the 8th or not. but....Oh well...yet another delay.
This is a straight joke.