• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla Cybertruck and Powershare saved my Chickens

sys700

Well-known member
First Name
Rod
Joined
Jul 19, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
288
Reaction score
198
Location
Portage, MI
Vehicles
Foundation Series Cyberbeast (August 2024 - 26###)
Country flag
This morning as I was about to leave in my Cybertruck, I heard some kind of musical notes coming out of my phone, the lights flickered, and came back on. When I opened my Tesla app, it said that Powershare had kicked in.

Around our neighborhood, the sound of generators powering up filled the air, but in our home, all was quiet. I had charged my truck to 100% the night before to take it on a road trip, and the app said it would continue to power our home for 2 days. Apparently a bird had nested in a transformer and it blew, taking out power to most of our city. It was projected to be out for 5 hours, and the temps were in the low 40's.

The thing is, I've invested some money in some rare chicken breeds and they need to be under a heat lamp in our garage. If they lose body heat they can die. Thankfully the Cybertruck/Powershare combo saved the day. The chicks stayed nice and warm.

Honestly, I didn't even notice much of a blip between the power going out and the Powershare kicking in. The system had not been tested, so I wasn't even sure it would work. Once power was restored, the panel seamlessly switched back to the grid, and my truck started charging up again. Such an amazing feature! Name another truck that can do this!!!

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tesla Cybertruck and Powershare saved my Chickens IMG_8736
 

FarAway

Well-known member
First Name
I.
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
57
Messages
660
Reaction score
463
Location
Central Virginia
Vehicles
TVR, Jeep Jk Sahara, Audi Q7, FS CyberBeast
Country flag

CyberZephyr

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
533
Reaction score
234
Location
Long Island, New York
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2023 MX
Country flag
OP
OP
sys700

sys700

Well-known member
First Name
Rod
Joined
Jul 19, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
288
Reaction score
198
Location
Portage, MI
Vehicles
Foundation Series Cyberbeast (August 2024 - 26###)
Country flag
Oh, I forgot to mention....

I had planned on a short hour-long roadtrip that morning, so had to switch to my minivan so my family (and chickens) would have power. I drove around trying to find a gas station open – but all in the city were closed down due to the power outage. Had to drive 1/2 hour out of the city just to find gas!
 

65SoYoLO

Well-known member
First Name
Keith
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
1,177
Location
Long Island NY
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
I just saw your story on torquenews.com (not sure of spelling) this am. You are famous.
 
 
Top