• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. FarAway

    New Solid State Battery shown at CES - Game Changer??

    As a famous person once said, "Trust but verify." Waiting for the verification.
  2. FarAway

    New Solid State Battery shown at CES - Game Changer??

    He was one of the first guys to highlight the battery at CES and he is now (somewhat) calling BS. Like he said we will know soon. I am trying to figure out the motivation. I wouldn't think anyone is stroking checks to these guys without a lot more information and a working model. Just to go...
  3. FarAway

    New Solid State Battery shown at CES - Game Changer??

    Interesting, so I looked up the best of CES 2026 awards. I did not see Amprius listed but I did see the Donut listed. https://www.cnet.com/best-of-ces-2026/
  4. FarAway

    New Solid State Battery shown at CES - Game Changer??

    Another video about Donut Labs with very reasoned comments (and proper skepticism). Hopefully we find out the truth pretty soon.
  5. FarAway

    New Solid State Battery shown at CES - Game Changer??

    Here is the "Electric Viking's" take on the Donut solid state batteries....
  6. FarAway

    New Solid State Battery shown at CES - Game Changer??

    A company called Donut Labs is showing an operational solid state battery in a Verge motorcycle at the Consumer Electronics Show currently underway in Las Vegas. The stated specs look extremely promising, almost "unicorn" like! A battery that is cheaper to make, safer (no fire hazard!)...
  7. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    The JDP number for Jan '25 reflected some anomalies that should have been left out of their valuation. A case of "garbage in, garbage out". When I met with my Commissioner, she looked up the JDP number for September '25 and it was down in the upper 70's. She could not believe how much it had...
  8. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    Right there with you! A gift that keeps on giving and the price of owning a great vehicle in Virginia.
  9. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    For those residing in Virginia. I had a sit-down meeting with my local Commissioner of Revenue. Basically, we are screwed. JD Power used the CT auction prices in early 2024 for vehicles that sold well above the cost that a new truck could be ordered from Tesla. This skewed their "value"...
  10. FarAway

    DIY: Custom Light Control for Tesla Factory Offroad Lightbar and/ or Aftermarket

    Well done, Mongo, great thread. So, without reading (and understanding) everything, could the Tesla lightbar be made to emulate standard roof top running lights as seen on a large pickup truck? Which would also be highway legal... and then with the flip of a switch turned back into the Tesla...
  11. FarAway

    Tesla caught in a "meteor shower" - FSD for the SAVE!

    No, not an update from Elon's space roadster but from an unlucky Tesla driver, whose car is reportedly struck by a meteor while speeding down the highway. With the driver incapacitated, FSD slows and then safely pulls the car over. The driver and passengers would not have fared so well if a...
  12. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    Not true in Va, the $90k gmc will have a couple thousand dollar less annual property tax, every single year!
  13. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    I just had an hour meeting with the Culpeper County Commissioner of Revenue. The appeal process consists of asking for them to look at it, they get the Jan 25 JD Power valuation book out and say, "see there it is" that is the law. PERIOD. I pointed out the book was incorrect since it says the...
  14. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    All, I just started a new thread looking for some purchase invoices from Dec. '24 or Jan '25 to start an appeal of my trucks accessed value. It seems unconscionable that a used vehicle could be appraised for more than what a new vehicle costs in the showroom! If anyone has appealed their...
  15. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    They don't think the JD Power value could be wrong? How can the vehicle be appraised for more than one could buy it NEW from a TESLA showroom? This all happened about the time a few vehicles were auctioned off to some European and Middle Eastern multi-millionaires. Too small a sample group...
  16. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    So, I just got my VA. Property (car) tax bill. OUCH!! The appraisal on the CyberBeast according to the Comm. of Revenue for Culpeper was $134,850. Yes, much more than I paid! Anybody, tried to appeal these appraisals with any luck??
  17. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    My xxxs (rhymes with fun) won’t allow me to live in Maryland. 🥺
  18. FarAway

    Virginia Personal Property Tax

    Yeah, I am in Culpeper and had a long talk last year with my Comm. of Revenue last year. Unless someone has some pull in Richmond, then Virginia CT owners are all F*$#ed.
  19. FarAway

    Almost Burned my House Down... Thoughts / Theories?

    I only know Virginnia's and VA. follows NEC code and according to the National Electrical Code (NEC), specifically Article 110.14 (Electrical Connections), two 6 AWG wires can be connected with a wire nut, provided the wire nut is listed and rated for that specific combination of wire sizes and...
  20. FarAway

    Almost Burned my House Down... Thoughts / Theories?

    I think you can use wire nuts for two 6awg, with the right wire nut? Best practices may be another discussion... but I do not believe this violates code, unless there is a recent code change.
Top