• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Powershare Team Response - FINALLY

MoabChris

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 4, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
73
Reaction score
79
Location
San Diego, CA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
I've had Poweshare fully installed for over 4 months (since early May) in SoCal. I also have Solar. The electric charger works to charge my vehicle, but has Never worked to power my home during a simulated outage. Installer said tesla was working on an update to roll out in June. Emails to [email protected] have gone unanswered - until now.

Here is what they said...
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Powershare Team Response - FINALLY Screenshot_20240909_071038_Yahoo Mail


Anyone else get this response... seems very vague and frustrating after 4 months to get this response.

Here's what my installer responded with when I messaged him.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Powershare Team Response - FINALLY Screenshot_20240909_072527_Messages


I guess it's the result of being a beta tester and early adopter...

Anyone go through this and get it resolved??

TIA - hopefully this is useful to someone else going through this too.
 

Korben Dallas

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
124
Reaction score
71
Location
Olympic Mountains
Vehicles
Tesla MYP & FS Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is important to me as well. Last year we installed a non-Tesla PV system, a pair of PWs, a Gateway, and a Universal wall connector. And now that we own a Cybertruck we want to be able to use it to augment the PWs during extended outages………but I can’t.

I was under the impression that the PowerShare software update is required before any Cybertruck is capable of powering a home, however, that update hasn’t been released yet to my knowledge. So I’m a little confused.

Can you, or anyone else out there, confirm (a photo of the monitor would be great) that your Cybertruck already has this update installed please?

Thanks.....
 
OP
OP

MoabChris

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 4, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
73
Reaction score
79
Location
San Diego, CA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
I've seen evidence of people with Powershare working! But I am not sure if it's related to having solar also.

Freaking annoying the conflicting messages. Is it an install problem, or a software problem - no data other than "We have found a wiring and installation error; this is commonly caused by a bad quality grid connection or incomplete installation. Please contact your Certified Installer to return to site and call Tesla's Chanel Support Team while they are onsite. "

Installer thinks it's software, but.... that's not what Tesla is saying.
 
 
Top