• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Horn-Gate 2024

Foundation Series Dude

Active member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
41
Reaction score
41
Location
Atlanta
Vehicles
Foundation Series Cyberbeast
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Question, because I keep reading bits and pieces about it. What's up with "Horn-Gate"?

I was not an early delivery guy on my Beast. My horn has always been the "fire truck" horn. Sounds like early deliveries had a candy-a$$ horn honk or something?

Obviously there have been MANY software updates / releases this year. What's the scoop?
 
Last edited:

FarAway

Well-known member
First Name
I.
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
57
Messages
660
Reaction score
463
Location
Central Virginia
Vehicles
TVR, Jeep Jk Sahara, Audi Q7, FS CyberBeast
Country flag
LOL, later horn and I LOVE my WOOONKXXX sound. People notice.
 
OP
OP
Foundation Series Dude

Foundation Series Dude

Active member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
41
Reaction score
41
Location
Atlanta
Vehicles
Foundation Series Cyberbeast
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
LOL, later horn and I LOVE my WOOONKXXX sound. People notice.
Yeah... dude was d1cking around on his phone when the light turned green.
BRRRRR! BRRRRR!
My man thought he was getting pulled over! ?
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
I was not an early delivery guy on my Beast. My horn has always been the "fire truck" horn. Sounds like early deliveries had a candy-a$$ horn honk or something?
No, the horn all all deliveries up to a month or two ago sounded like a regular frickin' vehicle horn. New Cybertrucks come with a horn that sounds like a fire truck. It is unclear whether earlier deliveries will get the new horn sound or not. I give it somewhere around a 50/50 chance.
 

Pops

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Threads
31
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,284
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Tesla senior employees have stated all CTs will get the horn. They are afraid of doing everyone at once because its a safety feature and they dont want to alter it without people being ready. So I am guessing they are coming up with a pop up window or something as a solution.

 

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
Tesla senior employees have stated all CTs will get the horn. They are afraid of doing everyone at once because its a safety feature and they dont want to alter it without people being ready. So I am guessing they are coming up with a pop up window or something as a solution.

Is this guy legit in what he says or just another person who speculates online.
 

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
I live in Wyoming. I feel like I should move to the front of the line for the horn simply because it will be used exclusively on smoke-stack bro-dozers who puss around on the road.
 

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
Siddhat Awasthi is this Cybertruck program manager. Most of what he says becomes reality, he is far more dependable than Elon Musk.
Fantastic!!!
I can’t wait for the horn!!
 
 
Top