• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Dash Mounted Tablet Solution

Pops

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Threads
31
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,284
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
I decided to mount a tablet to my dash. This way I can have navigation/(any app you want) while still being able to see the video feeds on the main screen. With my Samsung phone I am able to automatically activate my hotspot whenever I connect to the CT Bluetooth so the tablet has internet. I will run a USB cable under the trim. This could also work with a phone.

I am considering adding a privacy screen to the tablet so passerby's cant see me browsing cybertruckownersclub.com as I drive.

I used 2x of this mount: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CGHNQ53C

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Dash Mounted Tablet Solution 20240711_143616


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Dash Mounted Tablet Solution 20240711_143409 (Large)


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Dash Mounted Tablet Solution 20240711_143415 (Large)


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Dash Mounted Tablet Solution 20240711_143647 (Large)
 
Last edited:

Spacenoddle

Well-known member
First Name
Nan
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
478
Reaction score
410
Location
kenmore
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry, you mean you connect to the CT Bluetooth… then your Samsung tablet will get the Internet from CT?
 
OP
OP
Pops

Pops

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Threads
31
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,284
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Sorry, you mean you connect to the CT Bluetooth… then your Samsung tablet will get the Internet from CT?
Samsung has "Routines" that allow you to activate the phones hotspot, to it happens like this:
  1. Phone detects connection to CT BT
  2. Phone activates Hotspot
  3. Tablets WIFI is always trying to connect to Phones Hotspot
  4. Internet is now available to the tablet from the phone.
 

CyberZephyr

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
533
Reaction score
234
Location
Long Island, New York
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2023 MX
Country flag
that looks like it's blocking a lot of the airflow... is that noticeable?
 
OP
OP
Pops

Pops

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Threads
31
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,284
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
that looks like it's blocking a lot of the airflow... is that noticeable?
Yes it blocks some, but the tablet isnt flush against the white trim so air still comes out below it. I personally do not like the air blowing directly into my face, it dries out my eyes, so this setup doesnt bother me.
 

tmeyer3

Well-known member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Jun 27, 2021
Threads
26
Messages
1,650
Reaction score
1,314
Location
CA
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
To expand on @Spacenoddle 's thought.... Does the foundation series' premium connectivity give you any sort of hotspot that this tablet could get on?
Teslas don't come with a wifi router in them, so no. BUT might be an interesting mod.
 

CyberZephyr

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
533
Reaction score
234
Location
Long Island, New York
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2023 MX
Country flag
Yes it blocks some, but the tablet isnt flush against the white trim so air still comes out below it. I personally do not like the air blowing directly into my face, it dries out my eyes, so this setup doesnt bother me.
yeah I don't like that either :)
 

charliemagpie

Well-known member
First Name
Charlie
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Threads
35
Messages
2,635
Reaction score
1,219
Location
Australia
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
can you play the tablets sound through the CT speakers ?
 
 
Top