• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Charge port light color meanings?

Frank_Castle

Well-known member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
167
Reaction score
65
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
For the past week I've been getting some strange charge port colors at home.

When I open the charge port, it's purple sometimes instead of white. After it charges, and it just remains plugged in, sometimes it shows as orange. The connection is fine and pressed all the way in. Very random in the past week. Anyone else experience this?
 

CyberZephyr

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
533
Reaction score
234
Location
Long Island, New York
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2023 MX
Country flag
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Charge port light color meanings? Screenshot 2025-01-25 at 22.54.38
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
For the past week I've been getting some strange charge port colors at home.

When I open the charge port, it's purple sometimes instead of white. After it charges, and it just remains plugged in, sometimes it shows as orange. The connection is fine and pressed all the way in. Very random in the past week. Anyone else experience this?
If everything shows normal on the vehicle UI while this is happening then the charge port indicator or controller might be bad.
Purple is white (red, green, blue) minus green.
Orange is green + red.
 

jeniferkey

Well-known member
First Name
Jennifer
Joined
Nov 27, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
94
Reaction score
101
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Vehicles
Cybertruck and Model 3
Country flag
I had this for a week but after the last update it’s gone back to the correct colors for me.
 

Pulaski

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
236
Reaction score
241
Location
Minnesota
Vehicles
Ram 5500(2021), F-450(2014), Chevy Colorado(2022), FS CB
Country flag
This has been happening to me as well. I'm also getting a strange blue/white color before I plug in. Last update 2024.45.25.15 didn't change anything for me. I added it to my service ticket for early February.
 
OP
OP

Frank_Castle

Well-known member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
167
Reaction score
65
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
Purple is for power sharing. I wish mine would go purple :)
Negative on power sharing here. No outages, etc Wall charger light also shows standby blue. Nothing with the wall charger or house changes, isolated to the truck
 

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Negative on power sharing here. No outages, etc Wall charger light also shows standby blue. Nothing with the wall charger or house changes, isolated to the truck
I don’t think it necessarily means that power sharing is happening but, rather, that the truck is ready. But mine doesn’t even get that far.
 
 
Top