• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Battery degradation 3.49% after 10k miles... what's yours so far?

g7bupw9z

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
98
Reaction score
125
Location
Florida
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
Tessie says my battery has degraded by 3.49%. Is this just a reading error or some of you also have similar readings?
 
OP
OP
g7bupw9z

g7bupw9z

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
98
Reaction score
125
Location
Florida
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
My previous S and Y never had such early "big" loss. That's why I was wondering.
 

XCeilidhX

Well-known member
First Name
Drew
Joined
Oct 25, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
336
Reaction score
359
Location
Silicon Valley & Surrounds
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, CB 047XXX
Country flag
My previous S and Y never had such early "big" loss. That's why I was wondering.
Our S and 3 certainly had the largest drop in battery capacity upfront then slowed considerably to a very slow degrade. Our 3 has less range but is doing well with the original battery. My S had a battery replacement at about 108k miles, but i had 18 months where every charge I did was at a supercharger so it was a pretty abused battery pack.

FWIW as a data point or two.

Cheers
 

nocyber

Well-known member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Oct 4, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
76
Reaction score
53
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Raptor R, Subaru Ascent
Country flag
For what it’s worth, my 2017 Model S lost 9% in its first 27k miles and then literally 0% between 27k and 93k, it’s been the exact same ever since.
 

Speedr

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
449
Reaction score
529
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
For what it’s worth, my 2017 Model S lost 9% in its first 27k miles and then literally 0% between 27k and 93k, it’s been the exact same ever since.
Our 2017 Model S 100D had only lost 3% over 53,000 miles when I traded it in last year. Our 2021 Model 3 with 40,000 miles has lost 8%. Hoping the Cybertruck is closer to the S than the 3. But both lost their range relatively early in the mileage.
 

brobison

Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 15, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
San Antonio, Texas
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have seen reports of a similar "report" from TeslaFi, but I haven't been able to find how to view it. Does anyone here know?
 

nocyber

Well-known member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Oct 4, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
76
Reaction score
53
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Raptor R, Subaru Ascent
Country flag
Our 2017 Model S 100D had only lost 3% over 53,000 miles when I traded it in last year. Our 2021 Model 3 with 40,000 miles has lost 8%. Hoping the Cybertruck is closer to the S than the 3. But both lost their range relatively early in the mileage.
I’d also add on mine I never expected to own it for as long as I did. I only sold it two weeks ago so it was by far the longest car I had ever owned. I say that to say this.. I charged that bad boy up to 90-93% pretty religiously in my first 18 months of ownership settling down to 85% and finally to around 79% the last 4yrs. Not sure if my more extreme case was also due to how high I was charging it daily but thought I’d point it out for the group. I hope the CT doesn’t lose as much.. but I also won’t charge it beyond 70% very often.
 

Speedr

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
449
Reaction score
529
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I’d also add on mine I never expected to own it for as long as I did. I only sold it two weeks ago so it was by far the longest car I had ever owned. I say that to say this.. I charged that bad boy up to 90-93% pretty religiously in my first 18 months of ownership settling down to 85% and finally to around 79% the last 4yrs. Not sure if my more extreme case was also due to how high I was charging it daily but thought I’d point it out for the group. I hope the CT doesn’t lose as much.. but I also won’t charge it beyond 70% very often.
Ditto. I only traded it in for a new Model S Plaid (always regretted just getting the 100D instead of the P100D). It was a great car! It was also the most expensive, cheapest car I've ever bought. It was the most expensive, dollar wise, but then I bought Tesla stock because of it and, well...
 

Gaximus

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
885
Location
Mead, CO
Vehicles
CyberBeast, Model 3, Jeep Wrangler, Yamaha R6
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
What do you have it set to charge to? and how often do you super charge?
 

cyberjeff25

Well-known member
First Name
jeffrey
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
123
Reaction score
78
Location
temecula california
Vehicles
cyberbeast
Occupation
registerd investment advisor
Country flag
Our S and 3 certainly had the largest drop in battery capacity upfront then slowed considerably to a very slow degrade. Our 3 has less range but is doing well with the original battery. My S had a battery replacement at about 108k miles, but i had 18 months where every charge I did was at a supercharger so it was a pretty abused battery pack.

FWIW as a data point or two.

Cheers
What did it cost to replace the battery?
 
 
Top