Never had a problem with the onboard camera in rain or at night. I understand kind of unnerving not to have that typical rear view mirror up there to look at
Why do you need a video rearview mirror? The screen has a very nice rear view camera that shows everything behind you perfectly. Had my truck since early Foundation release. I removed the wimpy little rear view mirror the first day snd never missed it for a second,
In my experience installing...
It makes sense to charge an ongoing fee for software that keeps getting worked on and improved. It costs money to pay engineers to keep working on the software.
If software companies don’t use the subscription model on software than they have to charge a fee for each update like Microsoft did...
Not keeping the rear tires pumped up nice and stiff - is a problem. Rear wheel steering is scrubbing the tread back and forth and if under-inflated- the tires will wear more quickly than without rear wheel steering.
Every software company is or has moved to subscription model- this way they get a continual stream of cash payments and don’t have to charge for upgrades - so you pay $8000 one time fee and then get decades of software updates for free? Not a great deal for Reska thst has to pay their engineers...
I would like to select nose or back in at a destination. When arriving at Costco on Saturday morning- with cars behind the truck it is almost impossible to back in - heading into a spot nose in is easier and takes less space and avoids a car on my rear bumper in a parking lot.
This was happening after I had Tesla clean under the housing on the roof / the tech broke the connector for that camera. This message was referring to the inside camera that watches the driver - because they mangled time connector - the connection to this cabin camera was lost and FSD must have...
Took my best in to get the glass cleaned for the center camera - a few days later - getting sporadic issues with the FSD button on the screen disappearing. Took it back and service fixed it in five minutes/ said the cabling was not connected fully.
A week later FSD gone, left driving camera...
The statistics will show that driving with FSD reduces major accidents and saves lives as well. Now that FSD keeps track of the miles driven under FSD - insurance companies will offer big discounts based on usage of FSD— this will accelerate the demand for FSD as well. Musk’s iterative in use...
I mentioned the crackling noise at low speed from the covers and the service center replaced all four wheel covers - not sure if they found something broken or if there is a new design on the replacement wheel covers. But no more crackling noise…
The self driving stats is the precursor to having your insurance company provide a discount if your car uses FSD for say 50% of the time on the road. It will become obvious as the statistics accumulate that driving under FSD significantly reduces the probability of costly accidents.
True- had Tesla clean underneath the cover and now I get these camera warnings. The mistake was putting the camera underneath the windshield glass - better if it had been placed up higher above the windshield without glass over the top -
Not sure why I get these camera warnings warning after...
If you take the truck into Tesla and the service dept says it is an optional repair - given their inspection of the central’s/ then I would think your liability would have been eliminated. As long as you get paperwork showing you brought the truck in on the recall.
I would actually think Tesla...
Mine are just fine - and I have my cyberbeast wrapped - so I would have to take it back to the shop and pay to have these pieces wrapped again. I wonder if one had paid for the Tesla wrap option if Tesla would pay for wrapping these pieces - ??? They should - maybe this would be a good reason to...
Forgot to mention - on my 2025 corvette z06 - the cooled seats are connected to the A/c plumbing and you can definitely feel the cold air heating your bottom and back.