• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD V13 begins installing to Cybertrucks! -- V13.2.1

rlhamil

Well-known member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
510
Reaction score
234
Location
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2018 Kia Sportage, 2024 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
retired
Country flag
‪Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how long it took for you to upgrade/download the new V13 in a cybertruck? I started mine at home on WiFi and it’s 2.5 hours and only at 79%. All previous updates only took 55 minutes. ‬
This can vary according to your internet connection and your WiFi signal. Had trouble with a previous one being crazy slow, put in a WiFi repeater since my base station was in the back of the house, nearly as far from the vehicle as possible. Better since then.
 

Carlos Thomas

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
394
Reaction score
690
Location
San Antonio
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It is all about your download speed and strength of connection. Mine downloaded it in 17 minutes. I have AT&T 1GB Fiber. I feel it is fast enough and I don’t feel the need to move one of my mesh routers closer to get better speeds. I haven’t done a speed test with the truck yet. Maybe I should try it to know what type of speeds the truck can get from outside.
 

rlhamil

Well-known member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
510
Reaction score
234
Location
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2018 Kia Sportage, 2024 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ok, I have the update. Less than 45 minutes, given I saw it on the app and started it around the time of my last post (didn't time it exactly). Did it all from the app, so I haven't driven it yet since the update. Not much open right now (3 AM here), so it will be at least 3 hours (maybe longer, retired :) ) until I give it a try.
 

SentinelOne

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Threads
45
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
716
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Download but havent tried it yet...

asking for a friend - does it have autodetect of a Mustang GT / Diesel Truck / Douche at the light next to me and automatically do a beast launch? :cool:
 

mark555055c

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
568
Reaction score
796
Location
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I installed it this morning.

I did my first commute into work and I can say 13.2.1 is a huge improvement. On the way in I'll usually need to disengage at least 2 to 4 times. This first drive was zero. I typically also need to hit the accelerator 5 to 10 times, this drive was once.

On rural roads with no signage, I no longer need to press the accelerator to keep the 55 mph speed. ?

Zero hard braking. It stops and and slows where I would choose to do so, maybe even a bit sooner than I would, which is not a bad thing.

On the way home, I'm very curious to see if my common disengagement points are gone.
 

cybergriz

Well-known member
First Name
Karl
Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
150
Reaction score
133
Location
Lancaster PA
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
You might think that but it’s actually more logical thatTesla does OTAs in regional batches for server bandwidth.

Bandwidth, or prudence? Remember when they botched the voucher announcement recently? Would have been a bigger deal if they had released that to all, simultaneously. Trickle a release, and you have the chance to roll back more easily/safely if there is an issue?
 

seussiii

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 6, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
237
Reaction score
329
Location
FL
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Seems like the major feature is the speed profiles? I did some testing in standard and didnt notice a whole lot of difference.

I haven't tried "hurry" yet but besides more aggressive lane changes, what does this do? does it just push the higher limit of the "max speed"? faster acceleration?
 

SteelMyHeart

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
231
Reaction score
243
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I installed it this morning.

I did my first commute into work and I can say 13.2.1 is a huge improvement. On the way in I'll usually need to disengage at least 2 to 4 times. This first drive was zero. I typically also need to hit the accelerator 5 to 10 times, this drive was once.

On rural roads with no signage, I no longer need to press the accelerator to keep the 55 mph speed. ?

Zero hard braking. It stops and and slows where I would choose to do so, maybe even a bit sooner than I would, which is not a bad thing.

On the way home, I'm very curious to see if my common disengagement points are gone.

I agree, hurry mode on the freeway was much better. I used the acclerator much less. Can't comment on smoothness or left turns for city driving yet but will do that more today.
 

LivinLrge

Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Jul 19, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
60
Reaction score
46
Location
Palm Beach
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M4 Comp, Model 3 Plaid
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
So far the truck now sees my gate into our house -- Before it would just want to run right through it +1.

Right turn jerkiness seems to be gone on my normal morning route. +1.

No holiday update yet.

overall FSD feels like our new 2024 Model 3 Performance now which is still on v12.
 

mark555055c

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
568
Reaction score
796
Location
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Seems like the major feature is the speed profiles? I did some testing in standard and didnt notice a whole lot of difference.

I haven't tried "hurry" yet but besides more aggressive lane changes, what does this do? does it just push the higher limit of the "max speed"? faster acceleration?
I think the primary behaviors would be that hurry is more inclined to drive higher over the speed limit than standard or chill. Also it would be more inclined to change lanes and get ahead of traffic than standard or chill.
 

Hello4x

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
73
Reaction score
50
Location
Indiana
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
One word: Amazing!

Tested this morning on my daily routine and it’s significantly more improved. Zero interventions and typically there are two points of reference where I have to interject outside of pushing the accelerator frequently to get the vehicle up to speed. Not yet better than my driving skills but damn it’s growing rapidly ?.

I can see the future and it’s now!
 

DittoDan

Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
May 18, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
94
Reaction score
74
Location
Rochester Hills, MI
Vehicles
2017 E-Smart, CyberBeast
Occupation
Lithium Battery Pack Designer
Country flag
It is all about your download speed and strength of connection. Mine downloaded it in 17 minutes. I have AT&T 1GB Fiber. I feel it is fast enough and I don’t feel the need to move one of my mesh routers closer to get better speeds. I haven’t done a speed test with the truck yet. Maybe I should try it to know what type of speeds the truck can get from outside.
Yup, I called my internet provider and they were having issues. Speedtest reported 1 meg speed (ugh). But later it got up to 20 meg and it finished downloading. It installed and I used it driving 11 miles to work this morning.

Like others said, it is a big improvement. Only had to nudge it one time, and no interventions (normally 1-2).

I am off work at noon until Jan 2. Will take it to all my "intervention" spots and see if it is better.

Dan the Man from Michigan
 
 
Top