• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

HAM radio antenna mount options

OP
OP

rolfl

Member
First Name
Rolf
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
16
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
IMG_1264.jpeg


Coming soon. I worked with a manufacturer to make custom NMO antenna mounts for the Cybertruck. Both dedicated Driver and Passenger side specific.
Very nice (y)

How stable is it side to side?

I tried making a bracket myself but found some side to side movement, seems to be the CT body construction having some flex.
I was trying to run an ATA-120A or 80m hamstick so there is quite a lot of momentum from the antenna whipping left and right.
 

BrockN

Well-known member
First Name
Brock
Joined
Jan 1, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
301
Reaction score
230
Location
Kamloops BC Canada
Vehicles
'24 FS Cybertruck, '23 MY, '15 MS
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That would sure beat McGyvering something in my garage. Looks like a nice clean design! A dual band antenna would be great on that.

I wonder how much antenna could be mounted to those bolts. Not necessarily NMO, I'm pondering how much of an HF whip or NVIS could be bolted on before something failed. Probably not much...a Mars or Urander rack would probably be needed to spread the load.

Very nice!
 

Seagrave7

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
24
Reaction score
16
Location
Calabasas, CA
Vehicles
'24 Cybertruck
Country flag
These mounts will have your standard nmo holes. For something bigger I would go with that MARS antenna mount. It looks much larger and heavier duty.
 

BrockN

Well-known member
First Name
Brock
Joined
Jan 1, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
301
Reaction score
230
Location
Kamloops BC Canada
Vehicles
'24 FS Cybertruck, '23 MY, '15 MS
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I ended up using a Comet RS-720 mount, but all the adjustment points make it rather clunky looking.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen HAM radio antenna mount options 20250210_171424
 

PeterOT

Well-known member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Mar 5, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
72
Reaction score
50
Location
San Jose, CA
Vehicles
2019 Model S, 2023 Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
IMG_1275.jpeg


Very stable. These are made by a manufacturer who makes these nmo antenna mounts to fit other off road cars.
[/QUOTE]
IMG_1264.jpeg


Coming soon. I worked with a manufacturer to make custom NMO antenna mounts for the Cybertruck. Both dedicated Driver and Passenger side specific.
Do you also have these for SO-239 antennas? If so, I would be interested.
 

area51

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
101
Reaction score
47
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Neurosurgeon
Country flag
Can someone PLEASE clarify what power supply you all are using with the FTM500D and HOW to wire it up to it.
 

area51

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
101
Reaction score
47
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Neurosurgeon
Country flag
OP
OP

rolfl

Member
First Name
Rolf
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
16
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag

BrockN

Well-known member
First Name
Brock
Joined
Jan 1, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
301
Reaction score
230
Location
Kamloops BC Canada
Vehicles
'24 FS Cybertruck, '23 MY, '15 MS
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can someone PLEASE clarify what power supply you all are using with the FTM500D and HOW to wire it up to it.
I picked up a 30 amp switching supply from AliExpress. It looks like a server or desktop computer supply. It's sitting in the bottom of the console between the front seats and plugged into the AC supply that's also inside.

I have an old FT-8800R with a separation kit. The radio sits in the removable tray in the console. The head is wedged in an aftermarket underscreen tray...the one with a strap and buckle, not the magnet connection.

I like the suction mount used by the OP in the post linked above, but I haven't had much luck with the one I have. The plastic seems to be too rough to seal for very long. I wonder if there's a trick to this?
 
Last edited:
OP
OP

rolfl

Member
First Name
Rolf
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
16
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
I picked up a 30 amp switching supply from AliExpress. It looks like a server or desktop computer supply. It's sitting in the bottom of the console between the front seats and plugged into the AC supply that's also inside.

I have an old FT-8800R with a separation kit. The radio sits in the removable tray in the console. The head is wedged in an aftermarket underscreen tray...the one with a strap and buckle, not the magnet connection.

I like the suction mount used by the OP in the post linked above, but I haven't had much luck with the one I have. The plastic seems to be too rough to seal for very long. I wonder if there's a trick to this?
The difference on this mount is that it is not really a suction cup but some kind of nano-grip geko material. Try it :)
Lido Windshield or Dash Mount for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L7KYXR1

Similar in function to this tape
Sewell Airstick Microsuctiontape... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DCWQJ9R
 

area51

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
101
Reaction score
47
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Neurosurgeon
Country flag
 
Top