• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Wipers, Rain-X

WichitaDad

Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
51
Reaction score
28
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
USB C
Country flag
Anyone use Rain-X on the CT yet?
No listing for Tesla on their wipers.
I added rainx this morning. Spray on version. Did 2 coats. The CT windshield beaded the best of any windshield I've ever used it on. Didn't use the wiper at all. HIGHLY recommended, especially because the wiper is not as effective as standard dual wipers.
 

cyberscoot

New member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
11
Location
California
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I added rainx this morning. Spray on version. Did 2 coats. The CT windshield beaded the best of any windshield I've ever used it on. Didn't use the wiper at all. HIGHLY recommended, especially because the wiper is not as effective as standard dual wipers.
How is it holding up?
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
I’m going to try the rain x on the WS and rain x ws washer fluid today & will see how it performs with MI weather!
I really like the RainX coating, but the washer fluid seems to promote streaking.
 

M0unt41nm4n

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
975
Reaction score
861
Location
Durango, CO and Moab, UT
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator, CT-AWD
Country flag
I added rainx this morning. Spray on version. Did 2 coats. The CT windshield beaded the best of any windshield I've ever used it on. Didn't use the wiper at all. HIGHLY recommended, especially because the wiper is not as effective as standard dual wipers.
How is it working with Mag Chloride? Does it help prevent the MC from caking on the windshield?
 

WichitaDad

Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
51
Reaction score
28
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
USB C
Country flag
So, doesn't help with keeping salt off - and with how bad the sprayers are, they don't help much.

But, when you wash after it warms up a bit, it comes off very easily the first time through.
 

cybercuh

Well-known member
First Name
Ben
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
160
Reaction score
123
Location
IE
Vehicles
AWD CT VIN 50XX
Country flag
Anyone try the potato trick?
 

YukonJack

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
72
Reaction score
50
Location
Greenville, SC
Vehicles
‘06 Tacoma, '24 CyberBeast
Country flag
I use Rain-X and like it. Works well for me. Easy to get, lower cost, but tricky to apply.

Out of Spec Detailing has a long term study going on with the head to head to a couple ceramics.

The last update showed them relatively close based on what I observed in the video - although he rates one of the ceramics better.



 

WichitaDad

Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
51
Reaction score
28
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
USB C
Country flag
I use the spray on type Rain-X from Walmart.

I spray one coat and get most of it.. let it dry, then spray on another coat and lightly wipe it. I then run it through the local automatic carwash (club carwash). Works great!

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Wipers, Rain-X Screenshot 2025-01-31 133524
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
I use it also and on the glass roof. It makes it much easier to clean.
I'm worried that a hydrophobic compound on the roof will create droplets that turn into lenses, focusing the sunlight on the interior...
 

Ken in Miami

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Aug 29, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
237
Reaction score
156
Location
Miami, Fl.
Vehicles
2024 Foundation series
Occupation
Real Estate/ Agriculture
Country flag
I'm worried that a hydrophobic compound on the roof will create droplets that turn into lenses, focusing the sunlight on the interior...
I use the supplied sun screen and I am in south Florida. The truck is always a decent temperature with all windows tinted except roof glass.
 
 
Top