QUOTE="Earthxploration, post: 270661, member: 22659"]
Hey, thanks a bunch again! I saw this video a while back. I understand 37s won’t work but I wish someone tried 35s! I’m purchasing Volk Racing wheels 18x9 0 offset and debating between 295/70/18 (which is slightly shorter but wider than...
Have you considered removing the wheel well liners to add a coating of linex or sound dampening spray to the back in an attempt to reduce road noise in the cabin? I guess you could just linex the outside of the liner too 🤷🏻‍♂️ thoughts?
I believe I notice a difference, with reduced rattles and squeaks with driving, as well as with loud music vibrations.
I read somewhere a little bit about the engineering behind the CT’s frame/structure and that it functions to amplify the bass or acoustics within the cab? I was messing around...
When I first bought my truck I did some rattle chasing, removing panels and trim pieces and in the process installed basic dynamat (Amazon’s version) where I saw opportunities to do so, with the goal of sound dampening/deadening in the cab.
I installed Amazon’s dynamat under the rear bench seat...
Satin black flexishield on FS CB for reference.
Tints:
35% WS - (xpel XR+) - looks good, but currently having visual distortion/reflection problems and glare with light though…can see 6 headlights on coming cars LOL. working on a fix for this, either a dirty WS (off-gassing), warped glass or...
Here are pictures of lucky’s installed.
FWIW, I’m a fan.
Worth noting…I have not experienced it yet myself, but I’ve been told the top metal tailgate piece can get HOT ?
FWIW,
I removed the factory seal due to a poor initial install from the factory & replaced it with this Amazon.com: M-D Building Products 01033 10 ft. Black Large Rubber Auto & Marine Weatherseal for All Climates, & so far have a dry vault (knock on wood).
FWIW, I talked to a couple of CT owners, and they mentioned that in this area of concern, wires may or may not need to be reseated and/or zip-tied to keep them from rattling around intermittently.
Here is a picture of a portion of the removable feet.
I was able to remove this piece and put a 1mm washed under the rubber that interfaces with the bottom of the metal divider and my divider now fits in the tracks of my stock bed CT very nice. Easy to move and take out now!