• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Wiper blade moving during high speeds or strong winds?

ChiTechGuy

Member
First Name
Luke
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
21
Location
Chicago
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
Hey guys, I am curious does your wiper blade move around a lot (while not on) during higher speeds like the highway or when there is strong winds? Mine seems to move like crazy and I have gone into service 4 times about it and they keep saying it’s normal but I have a buddy that has a Cybertruck and he says he doesn’t have that issue so I’m just curious does any of you? I have a video on it as well, thanks!
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
Yep. Like it's stuttering back and forth. I'm not sure why it does that.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
‘24 Beast
Country flag
I mean, mine moves a little bit when I’m going (faster than) freeway speeds. It doesn’t bounce off the windshield or make any noise. It is mostly made of plastic and rubber and has 80+ mph winds slamming into it, can’t expect it to not move at all. Post that video, please.
 
OP
OP
ChiTechGuy

ChiTechGuy

Member
First Name
Luke
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
12
Reaction score
21
Location
Chicago
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
I mean, mine moves a little bit when I’m going (faster than) freeway speeds. It doesn’t bounce off the windshield or make any noise. It is mostly made of plastic and rubber and has 80+ mph winds slamming into it, can’t expect it to not move at all. Post that video, please.
I understand what’s strange though is when the wiper stays down it doesn’t move compared to the upright position which I find interesting because the wind drag you would think when it’s down it would move much more via when it’s in the upright position. The video I will upload on YouTube and share the link shortly
 

Phenmonolimit

Active member
Joined
Jun 20, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
34
Reaction score
15
Location
Riverside CA
Vehicles
FS Cyberbeast
Country flag
Same behavior here. FS CB and it oscillates excessively at highway speed. I visited the Service Center last week for a tire rotation and had them inspect the wiper. Showed them a video and the engineer confirmed that its not normal. Attributed the behavior to a software issue b/c everything is mechanically sound. IDK
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
Same behavior here. FS CB and it oscillates excessively at highway speed. I visited the Service Center last week for a tire rotation and had them inspect the wiper. Showed them a video and the engineer confirmed that its not normal. Attributed the behavior to a software issue b/c everything is mechanically sound. IDK
I've been leaning towards a position calibration issue; the problem is I don't know if there is a means to recalibrate it lol
 

Limes2

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
174
Reaction score
132
Location
Chicagoland
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck AWD
The wiper is suppose to move into a more aerodynamic position at highway speed but shouldn't move back and forth.
 

hgpilot

Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Threads
29
Messages
74
Reaction score
35
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Vehicles
CyberTruck Foundation
Occupation
VP
Country flag
Hey guys, I am curious does your wiper blade move around a lot (while not on) during higher speeds like the highway or when there is strong winds? Mine seems to move like crazy and I have gone into service 4 times about it and they keep saying it’s normal but I have a buddy that has a Cybertruck and he says he doesn’t have that issue so I’m just curious does any of you? I have a video on it as well, thanks!
mine doesn't do that - but at speeds over 80mph I can see the charging port door start to flutter. Never made sense to me why it opened in that direction for that very reason.
 

BENDERR

Member
First Name
Warren
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
11
Reaction score
21
Location
AZ
Vehicles
Cyber Beast, Y
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Same behavior here. FS CB and it oscillates excessively at highway speed. I visited the Service Center last week for a tire rotation and had them inspect the wiper. Showed them a video and the engineer confirmed that its not normal. Attributed the behavior to a software issue b/c everything is mechanically sound. IDK
Same FS CB here, picked up last May, had the wiper recall done because it was doing this. It had stopped for awhile but about 6 months ago started doing it again. Service said it was SW and the wiper motor was good. (Sure acts like the new motor did not fix the issue?)
 

Ri22

Well-known member
First Name
George
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
90
Reaction score
95
Location
Land of Entrapment
Vehicles
M3 CT
Occupation
Cinematographer
Country flag
This is how Tesla is screwing us out of $$$. By prematurely wearing our wipers out. ?

But seriously, that Big Beautiful Wiper system they designed is a real POS. Between moving to the beat of it's own drum, wiping the window dry, lifting in the middle at speeds, streaking, leaking fluid out the bumper....

Thank goodness rain-x (I use Glaco) works!
 

Floridaman

Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
45
Reaction score
43
Location
Tampa, FL
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, 1972 Chevelle SS, WRX, 1984 M-1009, M35A2, etc
Country flag
Same with me! FS Beast. Mine usually starts around 75-80 Mph. It doesn't do it all the time. I scheduled a service appointment for it to get it on record before I hit 50k miles..
 

koolio

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
826
Reaction score
519
Location
Greater Boston, MA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2024 Model 3 (former: 2020 Model Y)
Country flag
Hey guys, I am curious does your wiper blade move around a lot (while not on) during higher speeds like the highway or when there is strong winds? Mine seems to move like crazy and I have gone into service 4 times about it and they keep saying it’s normal but I have a buddy that has a Cybertruck and he says he doesn’t have that issue so I’m just curious does any of you? I have a video on it as well, thanks!
If You're referring to when you reach 30mph, it does moves from the 'home' position to the 'aero' position for aero efficiency.

This question comes up all the time with new owners (me included when I got mine). You'd think Tesla would update the owners manual to explain this (and why it'll sit in the horizontal position at times; it's to prevent water from sliding back up the windshield at highway speeds).

If you're saying at highways speeds, the wiper will move while it's in the 'home' position repeatedly, then that's something I've never seen on mine.
 
Last edited:

BENDERR

Member
First Name
Warren
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
11
Reaction score
21
Location
AZ
Vehicles
Cyber Beast, Y
Occupation
EE
Country flag
When I report the bug, I call it “wiper oscillating” not just moving to the aero position.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I have had mine in for a service appointment over it and they did “something”. Wiper still oscillates
 
 
Top