slee44
Member
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2020
- Threads
- 1
- Messages
- 15
- Reaction score
- 8
- Location
- New Jersey, USA
- Vehicles
- Tesla Cybertruck
- Thread starter
- #1
What is good generator for CT if in case road trip in Alaska or in desert where no supercharging available?
Realistically you will want something that can supply 40 amps for 8 hours every day you are traveling away from grid. That implies a diesel generator, and, for a week 40 gallons of fuel. That generator will effectively fill the bed. You might rent one, maybe 10 kw, probably 1 to 1.5 grand a week. A 5 KW will drive you crazy running at full bore, get a larger one with a real silent muffler.What is good generator for CT if in case road trip in Alaska or in desert where no supercharging available?
That won’t work. You need an inverter generatorI have used this one - just add a neutral/ground bond plug and the Tesla mobile connector works great on the generators 240V side.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314109022666
It is loud though, but if this is truly for last option safety, I would keep it in the bed on a trip like that.
That is incorrect and it does work, I own it and have used it. You need to use the neutral ground bonding plug I mentioned. They are like $5 on amazon or free if you make your ownThat won’t work. You need an inverter generator
I like Hemiarch’s recommendation. Very versatile.What is good generator for CT if in case road trip in Alaska or in desert where no supercharging available?
I like how you think but most of the time when I’m in this situation it’s because I’m actively trying to get away from people.Cash, good planning and sweet talking would be a good generator. Just ask people in remote places to plug into their outlets. Generators are fraught with issues.