• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Towing float in parade tomorrow…best settings?

dbielecki

Member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Dec 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
'22 Model Y Performance, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Finance/technology
Country flag
Last second volunteer to tow a school float in a parade tomorrow. The float will have humans on it. While I know the Cybertruck is up to the task, what are the best settings in order to tow it and people?

I realize now that I cannot put the cybertruck in any “roll” mode and disable regen, so, regen breaking will be applied. I’m guessing the parade will require slow overall speed, with likely frequent stops…is there an hack to enable the roll-type mode so its not coming to an abrupt halt too often?

Did practice throttle control at 1-2mph, but knowing roll mode was there would be comforting.

Thanks in advance.
 
OP
OP

dbielecki

Member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Dec 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
'22 Model Y Performance, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Finance/technology
Country flag
Exactly…looks like my practice on throttle control will pay off.
 

Langestreet

Active member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Sep 24, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
SW WA
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model Y, Excursion,+++
Occupation
Mostly Retired :-)
Country flag
I would try the folĺowing:
Offroad mode
Very high (hitch permitting)
Camera app open on dash
Hazard lights on
 
OP
OP

dbielecki

Member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Dec 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
'22 Model Y Performance, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Finance/technology
Country flag
Off road mode and use trail assist (cruise control at 0.5 MPH increments)
oohh, wish I would have tried this!
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
 
Top