• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tinted DRL light bar strip

cgladue

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Chad
Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
507
Reaction score
524
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
yea i dont see the point ...
 

CarMan ElecTruck

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
553
Reaction score
345
Location
Other Earth
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
It’s different. I was actually wondering for a while what this would look like, or slightly smoked .

I can digg it. Make look more balanced when you see the entire truck (Bumpers, side trim, etc… )
 

Celiboy

Well-known member
First Name
Marcel
Joined
May 3, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
583
Reaction score
444
Location
Clovis, California
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I don’t know. I can understand wanting the look. Personally, I’m fascinated by the light bar at night. There’s nothing like it on the road. I used to be able to look through my rear view mirror and tell the make and model of a car by their headlights shape (keeping and eye out for the Man ?). Now everything is so similar it all blends in together.

On my second day having the truck, I was heading home at night and was following a MY. They moved to the lane to the right and slowly let me pass them so they could get video.

You see this giant light bar coming at you from a distance, it’s gonna catch your attention and you’ll never mistake it for anything else.
 

Gigahorse

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
1,933
Reaction score
1,309
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD
It’s different. I was actually wondering for a while what this would look like, or slightly smoked .

I can digg it. Make look more balanced when you see the entire truck (Bumpers, side trim, etc… )
Yea it kind of softens the whole light, would have to see it at night to decide if it was a yes or no for me.
 

Gurule92

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Threads
193
Messages
3,221
Reaction score
1,254
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This would be AMAZING on a black wrapped CT. That startup sequence is everything.
 

tbuck

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
136
Reaction score
185
Location
Irving, TX
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
But y tho?
Actually, JerryRigEverything in a snow video and Kyle from Out of Spec had a good reason (JerryRigEverything actually pinpointed why).

In snow, the DLR reflects on the falling snow, making it more difficult to see at night (Kyle called the headlights garbage in the snow).

So, a tinted DLR for those who drive in northern climates would actually make more sense.
 
 
Top