• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 15, 2019
Threads
335
Messages
868
Reaction score
846
Location
Tesla Roadster Forum
Vehicles
Teslas
Country flag
Tesla has just announced the Roadster 2.0 2nd Gen will debut on Thursday, October 1! πŸš€

There is a countdown to the event at https://www.tesla.com/roadster

HSCvtbxbAAALGDJ.webp




The official teaser image (on the event invite and on the Tesla Roadster website) is flipped upside down, but when flipped right side up and enhanced, you can see the gas thrusters' low placement on the Roadster, as well as some of the body.

2nd gen tesla roadster revealed.webp





Here is the invitation sent to Roadster reservation holders for the reveal event which will be held in Waco, Texas on October 1.

roadsterinvitation.webp
 
Last edited:

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
The new Roadster reportedly has a 200+ kWh battery, which would be over 50% more capacity than the battery of a Cybertruck. If this is true, it will be interesting to see how they squeeze that much battery into a sports car frame.
Very expensive, high energy density cells.
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't wait. This is going to be phenomenal.

I LOVE Tesla reveals.

This brings me back to sitting in the rain in Chicago to put a deposit on my 2018 P3D back in 2017. 2nd in line in the blue tarp - The morning after the Model 3 reveal.



IMG_20160331_084909658_HDR.webp
 
Last edited:

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How do you make a reservation for the event?

I have a registration for a roadster - Will I receive an invite to the event?
 
Last edited:

BengalBoy

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
367
Reaction score
417
Location
Alabama
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So excited to finally see it and the innovation in it! F1 fan-car tech, F1 steering tech, F1 seating tech, and those SpaceX thrusters! :alien:πŸš€πŸ›Έ Alien Technology for Sure!
 

The Tesla Guy

Well-known member
First Name
Daniel
Joined
Mar 15, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
247
Reaction score
141
Location
Washington
Website
youtubeteslaguy.com
Vehicles
23MS Plaid, 23MY, LR,Order-FoundationCyberTruck DM
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How do you make a reservation for the event?

I have a registration for a roadster - Will I receive an invite to the event?
I did not receive an invite and also have a reservation
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did not receive an invite and also have a reservation
Whelp, I would absolutely love to go to one of these as I have never been able.

I would definitely go to this one.
 

The Tesla Guy

Well-known member
First Name
Daniel
Joined
Mar 15, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
247
Reaction score
141
Location
Washington
Website
youtubeteslaguy.com
Vehicles
23MS Plaid, 23MY, LR,Order-FoundationCyberTruck DM
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whelp, I would absolutely love to go to one of these as I have never been able.

I would definitely go to this one.
My guess is that they only sent invites to people that paid a $50k or $250k deposit for the founders edition.
People who earned the discount on the founders edition through referrals, were able to make a reservation with no deposit.
Is that your situation or did you actually pay a deposit?
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess is that they only sent invites to people that paid a $50k or $250k deposit for the founders edition.
People who earned the discount on the founders edition through referrals, were able to make a reservation with no deposit.
Is that your situation or did you actually pay a deposit?
I paid the deposit.
 
Last edited:

DisneyJedi

Member
First Name
Susan
Joined
Oct 4, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
17
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
2016 MS75D, 2018 MXP100D; Cyber and Roadster reser
Country flag
My guess is that they only sent invites to people that paid a $50k or $250k deposit for the founders edition.
People who earned the discount on the founders edition through referrals, were able to make a reservation with no deposit.
Is that your situation or did you actually pay a deposit?
Paid the deposit Nov 2017
 
 
Top