• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Starlink: The Ultimate Mount Solution!

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I got my Contronx suction cup Starlink mini mount and put it over the backseat between the glass and shade screen. I'm using the AC outlet in back of console for power. Today, along with FSD 14.1.7, was first test drive. Worked flawless, 150Mbps down while in motion (per passenger monitoring). Excited to have sat comms in the CB, the future is now.
Got a pic?
 

Friday

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2020
Threads
15
Messages
679
Reaction score
531
Location
Grover's Mill, NJ
Vehicles
CyberBête;CyberTier;CiberBestia;電脳獣;赛博兽;КиберЗверь;CiberFera;사이버비스트;CyberBeast
pic 1, I can't seem to attach 2 pics to a post for some reason right now

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Starlink: The Ultimate Mount Solution! IMG_2689
 

Sjohnson20

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
935
Reaction score
689
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I got my Contronx suction cup Starlink mini mount and put it over the backseat between the glass and shade screen. I'm using the AC outlet in back of console for power. Today, along with FSD 14.1.7, was first test drive. Worked flawless, 150Mbps down while in motion (per passenger monitoring). Excited to have sat comms in the CB, the future is now.
I got a mount from Amazon that has suction cups but I can't get any satellites to connect. Maybe I should try this one instead. Not sure what the issue is with mine.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I got a mount from Amazon that has suction cups but I can't get any satellites to connect. Maybe I should try this one instead. Not sure what the issue is with mine.
Is your glass tinted? Has to be a metal free tint if so.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
So what does everyone think is the best LOOKING mount for the mini?
 

Friday

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2020
Threads
15
Messages
679
Reaction score
531
Location
Grover's Mill, NJ
Vehicles
CyberBête;CyberTier;CiberBestia;電脳獣;赛博兽;КиберЗверь;CiberFera;사이버비스트;CyberBeast
I got a mount from Amazon that has suction cups but I can't get any satellites to connect. Maybe I should try this one instead. Not sure what the issue is with mine.
My glass is just factory, no extra tint added by me. Starlink Mini connects fine mounted internally. Is there aftermarket tint on your roof glass?
 

EMoeller

Well-known member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
197
Reaction score
189
Location
West Marin, California
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa)
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I've been using this for months and it works GREAT! There is a little play between the dish and glass that would rarely but sometimes rattle and I cut and squeezed in a couple of small pieces of foam and that was fixed.

Light weight super easy to install, ran wires down the inside of the B pillar to the rear outlet as noted the OP.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Yes. My roof glass is tinted. Has done a fair amount for thermoregulation in my car here in Phoenix but in the case of my windshield I had to retint to make my mini work due to metallic content.
 

Sjohnson20

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
935
Reaction score
689
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
My glass is just factory, no extra tint added by me. Starlink Mini connects fine mounted internally. Is there aftermarket tint on your roof glass?
No aftermarket tint. It's all factory on the roof.
 

Sjohnson20

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
935
Reaction score
689
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
It also fails mounted in my Model Y roof too. But works on the back glass. I'm going with location. Being in the middle of Florida. Satellites are not strong enough.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
It also fails mounted in my Model Y roof too. But works on the back glass. I'm going with location. Being in the middle of Florida. Satellites are not strong enough.
Some of the tints used at the factory for particular model years have metallic content. I believe I have read it’s those that have an orange hue when wet.
 

Beetlebug62

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Mar 24, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
340
Reaction score
344
Location
Maine, USA
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR-AWD, 2025 CyberTruck dual-motor
Occupation
retired
Country flag
But infrared coated roof glass is so cool looking!
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Starlink: The Ultimate Mount Solution! IMG_0947
 

Friday

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2020
Threads
15
Messages
679
Reaction score
531
Location
Grover's Mill, NJ
Vehicles
CyberBête;CyberTier;CiberBestia;電脳獣;赛博兽;КиберЗверь;CiberFera;사이버비스트;CyberBeast
It also fails mounted in my Model Y roof too. But works on the back glass. I'm going with location. Being in the middle of Florida. Satellites are not strong enough.
Yeah, I personally don't think that's the case. Maybe try it in the mount temporary thru the front windshield a la @hemiarch technique and see if any difference. when you say it works outside the truck, are you just holding it outside the truck while it's plugged into the power from the truck?
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Yeah, I personally don't think that's the case. Maybe try it in the mount temporary thru the front windshield a la @hemiarch technique and see if any difference. when you say it works outside the truck, are you just holding it outside the truck while it's plugged into the power from the truck?
Whoa…I have a technique named after me?. Made me blush @Friday
 
 
Top