• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Rust spots after 1 year

rovert43

Well-known member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Sep 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
113
Reaction score
55
Location
Covina, CA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck Foundation AWD
Occupation
IT Mamager
Country flag
I have had my FS Beast for 1 year now and started to just notice some rust spots. I know this has been talked about before when the CyberTruck first came out.

I would like to know how you all are handling these spots or if you even have them.

1746120756410-3j.jpg
I had some under my American Flag magnets, I used a dremel with a pencil eraser attached to it and throughly cleaned and dried the area before replacing the magnets. I believe the only reason it happened was because when I was getting it washed the pressure washer blew off the magnet and the worker stuck it back on with water trapped underneath. Otherwise no rust issues.
 

KMB7HOME

Active member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Feb 28, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
34
Reaction score
18
Location
Canada
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
BKF is Oxalic Acid, what you want to use is Citric Acid such as Citrisurf 77. Use Citric Acid after you remove rust spots, this will passivate the steel.
19 years in the restaurant business. If you have ever seen those gleaming SS exhaust hoods over the cookers? Try this..... Olde English Lemon Oil. Soft cloth, wipe on with the grain. Super fast and easy to apply. It will leave a very thin coat of oil. Not only does water bead right off, the thin oil film prevents fingerprints! It is the oil in our skin that leaves the prints. You can do this on your SS appliances at home as well..... if you don't like it, no worries, next wash with soap cleans it all off
 

koolio

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
826
Reaction score
519
Location
Greater Boston, MA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2024 Model 3 (former: 2020 Model Y)
Country flag
Orange spots are just littlle specks of iron that adhere to the stainless steel and then stain the surface as it oxidizes. It can come from other cars disc brakes, drum brakes, railways, industrial fallout, etc. My white painted cars get the same thing but it's a lot easier to take of on the Cybertruck because you don't have to worry about damaging the fragile clear coat that all painted cars come with.
This is correct. The steel is not rusting. It’s iron particles that are stuck to the steel. You can use a de-iron solution to spray on the steel to remove it.
 

Hohenzollern

Well-known member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
May 17, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
49
Reaction score
28
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
2025 CyberTruck AWD - 2004 Infiniti G series (Original Owner)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have you ever tried adding some Lemmi Shine Detergent Boster to the water when washing the truck? It’s principle ingredient is Citric Acid and it helps fight water spots. It’s carried in many supermarkets. I add it to my dishwasher, keeps the inside sparkling clean and improves dish cleaning. Also does a great job keeping rifle cartridge brass looking like new when reloading.
Ill look into it, thank you for info.
 

lascara1

New member
First Name
Vincent
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Virginia
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have had my FS Beast for 1 year now and started to just notice some rust spots. I know this has been talked about before when the CyberTruck first came out.

I would like to know how you all are handling these spots or if you even have them.

1746120756410-3j.jpg
Iron X work great on the iron spots just rinse off after it sit for a couple minutes
 
 
Top