EVOverlanding
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2021
- Threads
- 2
- Messages
- 60
- Reaction score
- 60
- Location
- Colorado
- Vehicles
- Rivian R1T, Cybertruck FS Order (Cancelled), LC200
Based on the direction for how often you have to clean the cybertruck to prevent corrosion I have a feeling they're not going to hold up as well as people think, especially to different winter road treatments.
The Rivian has been amazing for me out here in Colorado, especially off-road. For their first vehicle and delivering them starting back in 2021 it's amazing that the CT is still so close to those years old specs. The gear tunnel has been awesome, the frunk huge, and I've used the air compressor, camp speaker, and built in door flashlight more times then I can count. I also like the "Tacoma sized" truck because it makes parking in Denver way more manageable. I'm hoping we see more out of the CT with updates and improvement but the steel body and its longevity and the concerns with range for mountain drives and camping trips is not well enough known yet for me to feel confident in following through with my FS CT order.
All that said, if my Rivian ever gets read ended I hope they total it to avoid the headache of repairs.
The Rivian has been amazing for me out here in Colorado, especially off-road. For their first vehicle and delivering them starting back in 2021 it's amazing that the CT is still so close to those years old specs. The gear tunnel has been awesome, the frunk huge, and I've used the air compressor, camp speaker, and built in door flashlight more times then I can count. I also like the "Tacoma sized" truck because it makes parking in Denver way more manageable. I'm hoping we see more out of the CT with updates and improvement but the steel body and its longevity and the concerns with range for mountain drives and camping trips is not well enough known yet for me to feel confident in following through with my FS CT order.
All that said, if my Rivian ever gets read ended I hope they total it to avoid the headache of repairs.