• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Recurring issue with FM radio & Apple music

Houston079

Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
Houstonn, TX
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm posting to see if anyone else has this issue with their CT. I will mostly listen to FM radio while driving - very often an "HD-2" side channel, not sure if that makes a difference. From time to time the radio app in the CT will glitch out. Usually by getting stuck on a station and not being able to change stations. There is no way to shut down the radio app or restart as far as I can tell. Usually when this happens I am mid-drive and so I will just attempt to switch to Apple music but every time I will encounter a logged out screen. It's as if the radio glitch and the Apple music glitch are linked. Obviously I am not going to log back in while driving because it would be distracting, so the remainder of the drive is in silence.

It seems to be entirely a software issue. The radio app just kind of freaks out or gives up. Sometimes when this occurs I will also have issues with the Bluetooth.

Anyone encounter something similar?
 

yohst

Well-known member
First Name
yohst
Joined
Oct 21, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
116
Reaction score
144
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Ha funny, I mainly listen to Apple Music which frequently shows the "no connection" message. I then go to FM radio which generally lands me on some Spanish station I cannot change. So then bluetooth and stream from phone is the only thing available.

Direct audio streaming seems buggy to me. At first I thought it was the receiver itself but maps and traffic data continue to come in and seem updated (though there could be caching going on). So yeah, buggy I think.
 

SpykeDaddy

Well-known member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
91
Reaction score
94
Location
Marine on St. Croix
Vehicles
2010 Roadster, 2018 Model S, 2024 CyberTruck
Country flag
The fact that Apple Music keeps logging out is why I stopped using it and went back to using Apple Music via Bluetooth. I'm seeing it too. It's maddening, indeed!
 

SeattleTom

Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
141
Reaction score
128
Location
Seattle
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck (soon!)
Country flag
Haven’t experienced the Apple Music logout for some time, but it used to be recurring. I thought they fixed it as Spotify, Apple Music, and FM Radio are all solid for me as I swap between them.

I assume you’ve tried the scroll wheel reset and have had a firmware update where the problem persists across versions? If not, one of those two might help!
 
 
Top