• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Rear screen cover - anyone find or design one?

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yesterday I heard audio coming from the back and realized that somehow my dogs had turned on YouTube on the rear screen. It took a couple minutes to find out how to disable controls for the rear screen but that won’t stop them from standing on it. Way back when we were told that a snap-on cover was imminent but it never materialized as a product.

before I venture into CAD and 3D printing to solve this problem has anyone here found or designed one already?
 

Limes2

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
174
Reaction score
132
Location
Chicagoland
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck AWD
Lots of screen protectors and covers for the rear screen trim piece but I don't think anyone makes a cover that obscures the rear screen while protecting it.
 
OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Lots of screen protectors and covers for the rear screen trim piece but I don't think anyone makes a cover that obscures the rear screen while protecting it.
Thanks. Right. I just had ChatGPT design me one.
 

Gigahorse

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
1,933
Reaction score
1,309
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD
Yesterday I heard audio coming from the back and realized that somehow my dogs had turned on YouTube on the rear screen. It took a couple minutes to find out how to disable controls for the rear screen but that won’t stop them from standing on it. Way back when we were told that a snap-on cover was imminent but it never materialized as a product.

before I venture into CAD and 3D printing to solve this problem has anyone here found or designed one already?
I load tools in the back of my CT and also have two dogs back there from time to time.
Currently I have a screen protector stuck on it, and best option I could come up with is putting a towel over the screen, it kind of stays in place if jammed between the back 1/4 of the center console and seats. But would really like a hard COVER for the screen to keep it from getting banged up.
 
OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

Well-known member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
5,201
Reaction score
1,986
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck FS AWD, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Lots of screen protectors and covers for the rear screen trim piece but I don't think anyone makes a cover that obscures the rear screen while protecting it.
Thanks. I am making one. It may take a few tries to get it right but I need one and am tired of waiting for someone to do it.
 

67gt500

Member
First Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 9, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
Location
Western NC
Vehicles
MY & CT
Country flag
Watching. I want a hard case cover that clips on as well. Dogs and tools are back there more than kids.
 
 
Top