CactusPilot
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2022
- Threads
- 14
- Messages
- 241
- Reaction score
- 234
- Location
- Arizona
- Vehicles
- Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
- Occupation
- Airline Pilot
Now can you help me with the windshield?
Its expensive enough for recouping reasons.It was expensive enough. I’m glad they spent their bucks on cool features that I use daily.
Is that "one" car Rivian?Only one car “designed in California” has the issue where your headlights quickly disappear in a very mild snowstorm.
If you are looking for testers let me know, I live where it snows. We get an average of 13 feet a year.Good work! However, I couldn’t deal with that exposed piece of wire…..no way! I am working on an aftermarket setup as well, that will be hidden! Hopefully will have first prototype ready next week! I will have to simulate snow/ice since I am in South Carolina! Ha!
I will need some testers! Will definitely hit you up. Please DM me so I can find you easIly when I am ready to ship. I agree with everyone about the sentiment of “we shouldn’t be having to figure this out….” It’s worse than most vehicles with similar problems due to the enormous “shelf” that sits in front of the headlights. Great for catching the all the snow……If you are looking for testers let me know, I live where it snows. We get an average of 13 feet a year.
After having a buildup on the bumper when driving in a snow storm, I think this would only create a small melted grove behind the built up snow that accumulates at an alarming rate sometime. Time and testing will tell the tale as Crissa says.Wow, this looks good. Not sure how well it'll work, but good luck trying to test it!
When you can get some video/animatic of snow melting, that'd really show it's working!
-Crissa
Might need more than one strip, maybe 2 or 3.I think this would only create a small melted grove behind the built up snow that accumulates at an alarming rate sometime.
Voltage: DC 10V-30VI've used this one in -30° F, but most commonly -5° - 20° F in the Sierra Nevada mountains for nearly 7 years on my Wrangler. Going strong, doesn't freeze over.
https://www.led-colight.com/product...Winter+Led+Lights+Guide&variant=3945219846973
Yup, so are all the bars folks are running on CT. Just be sure to get a step down that can put out enough and you're good. There are guides on the off-road mega thread and vendor websites.Voltage: DC 10V-30V
How does it fare in sticking snowfall? That's the real question here. Is it heated enough to keep it off?Get a cheap purpose built winter light bar, problem solved.
I've used this one in -30° F, but most commonly -5° - 20° F in the Sierra Nevada mountains for nearly 7 years on my Wrangler. Going strong, doesn't freeze over.
https://www.led-colight.com/product...Winter+Led+Lights+Guide&variant=3945219846973
I'm sure the extra pricey designer winter ones are just as good, but I've never bought them.
Not everyone lives in an area where that would even be useful. It’d be a giant waste of money for Tesla to have that feature on every truck when the vast majority of people don’t face that problem. For those who do, this might be a good solution. Even within the responses in this post the majority don’t have a use for it.You'd think the hi tech cybertruck would have heated elements in the recessed led headlights.