• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

chaosmarine92

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
154
Reaction score
131
Location
Knoxville, TN
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
High daytime cost means it will charge Powerwall from the sun and wait to charge the vehicle until solar or the night rate kicks in.
A high night rate would make it want to charge the PW in the day on the lower rate.
The zero buyback is to prevent it charging from the "cheap" period and exporting during the "expensive" time.
Ah ok, I'll have to do some experimenting with this.
 

koolio

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
826
Reaction score
519
Location
Greater Boston, MA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2024 Model 3 (former: 2020 Model Y)
Country flag
The Powerwall 3 itself requires a Gateway or Backup Switch. It's inherent in the installation.

So, when adding Powershare to Powerwall, the only extra piece needed is the WC.
Ah, okay...I see what you mean and what my confusion was. I thought ppl already had their solar + PW installed and were talking about needing another Gateway or Backup Switch. Thanks, for the clarification.

My install has a Backup Switch + Powerwall 3 + solar panels + Wall Connector (gen 3). So, in my scenario (and most people who already have had solar + PW installed), all that's needed is the Powerwall software update to be released in Q3 2025.
 

FlyShacker

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
15
Location
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck “JazzCat” wrapped in 3M Satin Thundercloud
Country flag
Great discussion. I have learned a lot from all of you. I see I will need to do some experimentation with the app once I have everything up and running.
 
 
Top