• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

PowerShare Home Backup - Cost/Installation?

GConger

New member
First Name
Mr. Tec
Joined
Dec 12, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Tesla M3, MY
Country flag
I want to order the Cybertruck RW, really dig the powershare, is this feature included in all models? on the pic I took from Tesla site, says no addiontal cost if if home is equipped with powerwall and wall connector, I have both, so I'm all set? I see it as getting a truck with an extra powerwall for my house
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen PowerShare Home Backup - Cost/Installation? IMG_0127
 

scottf200

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Threads
48
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1,199
Location
Western NC
Vehicles
X; immed family 3 & Y
Country flag

xhawk101

Active member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
May 24, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
35
Location
Saint Petersburg FL
Vehicles
model 3 pd, cybertruck foundation delivered 2.24
Occupation
physician
Country flag
I have my foundation series non-beast with a Tesla solar grass roof and no current power wall backup. I was thinking all along that the cyber truck would make an excellent battery and excited to have this option and I'm ready to use just the old fashioned extension cord method if need be for emergencies. However, this is awesome if it works without added cost. My roof was 62k so helps to make this practical.
 

scottf200

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Threads
48
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1,199
Location
Western NC
Vehicles
X; immed family 3 & Y
Country flag
I have my foundation series non-beast with a Tesla solar grass roof and no current power wall backup. I was thinking all along that the cyber truck would make an excellent battery and excited to have this option and I'm ready to use just the old fashioned extension cord method if need be for emergencies. However, this is awesome if it works without added cost. My roof was 62k so helps to make this practical.
Sounds like you'll need a Tesla Gateway that controls the flow of electricity from your utility company/grid vs your Cybertruck.

https://service.tesla.com/docs/Publ...UID-D71DFD63-1414-4915-B7A5-7E48703100DE.html

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen PowerShare Home Backup - Cost/Installation? JWWbhAz
 
 
Top