• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. FlyShacker

    Go Off-Grid function introduced for Powershare

    I have PW3. I assume I will be notified when the PW or GW update comes to implement my Power Share. Still waiting!
  2. FlyShacker

    Go Off-Grid function introduced for Powershare

    I would like to add a comment for @TyPope. Please confirm this on your own! I have seen enough "just solar" installations (without Powerwall) to know that *some* are not allowed to power your house in a grid outage! You can use your solar power to power your house or charge your truck only...
  3. FlyShacker

    Go Off-Grid function introduced for Powershare

    My gateway was "field modified" as you said, by the 3rd party installer. I bought a gateway from the website when I ordered my CT, and the same time I bought the wall connector. The electrician installed that gateway, and called Tesla for several issues. His company had delivered the correct...
  4. FlyShacker

    Go Off-Grid function introduced for Powershare

    I was told by someone at Tesla that the feature will come with a Powerwall update and an app update with “lots of new settings”. Use your imagination, but I’m guessing setting the priority between truck power vs PW power.
  5. FlyShacker

    Go Off-Grid function introduced for Powershare

    They said 3rd quarter of 2025 for solar and PW users. I hope that’s still the plan.
  6. FlyShacker

    Powershare install and testing experience

    The last I heard, the Powerwall update will arrive in 3rd quarter. That could be as early as next month. (I have Powerwall3.) It will also come with a Tesla app update with “all kinds of new settings” (I’m told) to adjust the precedence between truck backup and Powerwall backup. We will see...
  7. FlyShacker

    My Cybertruck FSD close call for today....

    Yes!! Your diagram makes a lot more sense with the walkway for the exiting cars far enough away for the traffic to react! I should show that to the traffic engineers for the area I drove through. Thank you!
  8. FlyShacker

    My Cybertruck FSD close call for today....

    I have to tell someone about my close call for today. I was testing FSD in a somewhat complex roundabout in a nearby town that someone had told me about. The Cybertruck did fine entering and traversing the roundabout. But as soon as it turned off the traffic circle it slammed on its brakes...
  9. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Great discussion. I have learned a lot from all of you. I see I will need to do some experimentation with the app once I have everything up and running.
  10. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Very interesting. Thank you for chiming in. The priority scheme with your solar power in particular. Your workaround almost sounds like that was probably intentional in the design — throttling the charge rate of your truck. Is there any downside of doing that? Sounds very effective. I guess...
  11. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Maybe your installers misunderstood that you wanted to power your house from your Cybertruck. But not needing any kind of gateway doesn't sound right to me, now that I am learning the situation. But I am no expert. I'm quite convinced that we do need the basic gateway if we have one or more...
  12. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    What do you want to do with it? I think it depends on your use case. Everyone seems to have a different setup and a different goal with it. Who told you that you don't need a gateway?
  13. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Dang it. You’re right! Thanks for clearing that up! The Tesla note says no PowerShare Gateway with the Powerwall3, but it doesn’t say “no Gateway”! Thanks for hammering that into my brain! We do need a Gateway! Dead on! (y)
  14. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Okay, here is what I found just now as a Note on this page: “Powershare System Overview” https://energylibrary.tesla.com/docs/Public/More/Powershare/InstallManual/HomeBackup/en-us/GUID-6777B265-4081-41AC-BDAB-D4B9FCE3C49A.html “NOTE: A Powerwall system with Wall Connector does not require any...
  15. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Thank you. I guess I want to understand exactly how PowerShare works (or will work) in each configuration - with and without the gateway, etc. Too many unknowns.
  16. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    Wow! Okay thanks! I will tell our electrician when he gets here! But I think he said the same thing that you just said, but he wants to get our Power Share working for us now. So that's why he wants to install the other Gateway. This is crazy. IF this is going to cause a problem or make my...
  17. FlyShacker

    Powershare update: Home Backup enabled for Solar + Backup Switch

    So I need to chime in here. I have had my CT since last November. But we are JUST NOW getting a solar system installed by a third party using all Tesla components with Powerwall3, AND I already bought a Gateway3D(?) directly from Tesla at the time I bought my CT and Universal Wall Connector...
  18. FlyShacker

    2024.45.32.20 - FSD 13.2.8.

    Installed here tonight. An hour ago. I will try it tomorrow.
  19. FlyShacker

    gear whine

    NOPE !!
Top