• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Just took delivery! Any way to keep the truck in "LOW" suspension height always?

First Name
John
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Tri-State
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation
Country flag
Hi all!

Just picked up my Cybertruck beast! Also came with the aero covers.

I come from the beginning of Tesla - I owned one of the first roadsters, and then the first Model X Signature. Been out of the brand for awhile, but had to try the cybertruck!

Quick question - is there a way to keep the suspension setting in LOW all the time? I can set it before I drive, and also set it when I come to a stoplight. But typically when I start driving it automatically goes to the MIDDLE setting. Just wanted to keep it on low without it automatically adjusting.

Also my Model X was able to adjust these modes at any speed (except high). Wonder why the CT can't?

Thanks!
 

CasuallyCrypticCyber

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
46
Reaction score
20
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast
Country flag
Do you have it set on custom when you set the ride height or are you adjusting just the ride height while being in standard or beast mode (nobody is using chill mode)? I’d say to switch it to custom and then try changing the ride height, but it should go to custom when you make an adjustment so perhaps yours is an issue that will need a software update to resolve.
 
OP
OP
First Name
John
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Tri-State
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation
Country flag
Do you have it set on custom when you set the ride height or are you adjusting just the ride height while being in standard or beast mode (nobody is using chill mode)? I’d say to switch it to custom and then try changing the ride height, but it should go to custom when you make an adjustment so perhaps yours is an issue that will need a software update to resolve.
Thanks, I'll try that. Was just using standard and chill mode but setting the height to "low" before i started driving, then noticed during the drive that I was back in standard height.
 

Art138

Well-known member
First Name
Art
Joined
May 25, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
847
Reaction score
520
Location
Weston,Florida
Vehicles
MYP,Ford GT & FS CYBERBEAST
Country flag
Thanks, I'll try that. Was just using standard and chill mode but setting the height to "low" before i started driving, then noticed during the drive that I was back in standard height.
Mine does rhe same thing; I tried to adjust it in custom but did not leave it in that mode; will try that.
 

Nobell32

Well-known member
First Name
Norman
Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
128
Reaction score
75
Location
California
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
Yes either put it in beast mode which will always keep it in low suspension or create a custom mode and toggle low suspension. My custom mode is Beast with higher suspension and tight steering. If you are in chill or standard it will reset to higher on its own while driving.
 

Kennykondo

Active member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
11
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Cybertruck foundation model
Occupation
Director of Data and Software engineering
Country flag
What is the optimal height for every day driving?
 

Amuma

Well-known member
First Name
A
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
176
Reaction score
111
Location
Fl
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Comfort or chill mode will auto switch to medium. Anything other than that should keep it in low.
 

Gurule92

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Threads
193
Messages
3,221
Reaction score
1,254
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Could do some lowering links.

I thought about doing that for my X but didn't want to risk losing my max height lol. I do default to low in her though so I'm surprised they don't have that on CT.

Can you raise and lower suspension with steering wheel buttons?
 

Art138

Well-known member
First Name
Art
Joined
May 25, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
847
Reaction score
520
Location
Weston,Florida
Vehicles
MYP,Ford GT & FS CYBERBEAST
Country flag
Just ran mine and stayed in low; Dynamics-Custom-low-relaxed while driving shift to chill. Best for grocery shopping.
 
 
Top