- Banned
- #16
cybertruck has no chill, standard or hurry concept so this is not applicable to anything other then the S, Y, X, 3
cybertruck has no chill, standard or hurry concept so this is not applicable to anything other then the S, Y, X, 3
The problem with this thought process is believing that a new product is going to be perfect before it really is released.The problem with this thought process (user input is always an error) is that FSD does not yet get the speed right all the time on its own. Its rather offensive and arrogant to imply the driver doesn't know best when it comes to speed.
Here in Texas FSD is frequently reading the speed signs on the frontage roads (roads along side highways) and slowing down to 45mph in the middle of the highway. Its annoying and dangerous.
Not to mention, what if its my preference to reduce my trip time by 10%, why will it not respect my speed settings? This guy is gas lighting us, or they have just made a poor choice when it comes to system design/user interface.
Instead of turning FSD off, just press the accelerator.Agreed. I turn off FSD super frequently for this. It's terribly annoying. Just go the speed I set. I wonder if the FSD team has done any case studies in aircraft automation. I personally don't actually want "full" self driving, all the time. I want high automation where I still ultimately have control more often than full self driving. I wonder if many others are in the same boat.
That's basically a Texas problem. (and a few other states) 85 mph speed limits don't exist for the majority of US roads.What bugs me is when you hit 85 mph and auto steer disables for the rest of the drive. The speed limit was 85.
If you're going too slow on FSD.. just press the accelerator, the vehicle speed will increase accordingly.... it's not hardDumb question...
What are voice notes?
I have screamed, "you stupid fucking thing go faster!!" augmented by my clear shifting in a toddler temper tantrum disapproval in the seat.
I like to give both aural and visual clues.
Am I doing it right?
No way, I can’t stand all the phantom braking nor the loss of FSD’s 360 degree protection.I'd really like to have good old Traffic Aware Cruise Control... sometimes.
I should clarify. I want to be able to use FSD but NOT have to have a destination plugged in nor have it change lanes and stuff. I want to steer but sometimes, sitting in traffic, I just want to be able to let the car keep distance.No way, I can’t stand all the phantom braking nor the loss of FSD’s 360 degree protection.
Can't you just turn off "automatic Set Speed Offset" and adjust your Speed Limit parameters to Absolute? .... seems like a pretty easy adjustment to make....
I agree. I am often turning FSD on and off repeatedly because I don't want to put in a destination but want the lane centering. If I don't turn it off at several intersections I commonly go though it trys to turn instead of going straight.I should clarify. I want to be able to use FSD but NOT have to have a destination plugged in nor have it change lanes and stuff. I want to steer but sometimes, sitting in traffic, I just want to be able to let the car keep distance.
It only sets the MAX speed allowed. Basically FSD cannot drive faster than this speed. It doesn't change how slow it can go.Can't you just turn off "automatic Set Speed Offset" and adjust your Speed Limit parameters to Absolute? .... seems like a pretty easy adjustment to make....
When you disengage the FSD a message pops up asking why did you stop FSD and if you hit the mic icon on the yolk you can talk and leave a voice message stating why you disengage FSD.Dumb question...
What are voice notes?
I have screamed, "you stupid fucking thing go faster!!" augmented by my clear shifting in a toddler temper tantrum disapproval in the seat.
I like to give both aural and visual clues.
Am I doing it right?