• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD 14 release next month will start nagging much less - says Musk

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
You literally don’t have the frame of reference to compare to. It is so much more pleasant to sit in a Toyota with advanced drive, and look around at the scenery while driving WITHOUT as many nags.
How can the Toyota have less nags than zero? You are not paying attention to this discussion because those of us who use FSD safely, as intended, don't get any nags. You should try it sometime.

As soon as it's unassisted, there will be no nags, even if you stop paying attention. We are getting very close to that point. And Toyota will still be an ADAS with nags, requiring the driver to pay attention.
 

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
How can the Toyota have less nags than zero? You are not paying attention to this discussion because those of us who use FSD safely, as intended, don't get any nags. You should try it sometime.

As soon as it's unassisted, there will be no nags, even if you stop paying attention. We are getting very close to that point. And Toyota will still be an ADAS with nags, requiring the driver to pay attention.
That will be nice when it is.
 

Cactusrick

Well-known member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
188
Reaction score
109
Location
AZ
Vehicles
CyberBeast, MYLR, EXT, 380SL
Occupation
retired invest
Country flag
----With Full Self-Driving and Grok, our CyberBeast brings sci-fi dreams to life—a self-driving truck that talks. ----
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Being the most current FSD thread... I noticed yesterday as I approached heavy traffic, a pop-up on my screen with the steering wheel and right scroll wheel. It said "To activate FSD, press the scroll wheel". I don't recall it doing that before.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
‘24 Beast
Country flag
Being the most current FSD thread... I noticed yesterday as I approached heavy traffic, a pop-up on my screen with the steering wheel and right scroll wheel. It said "To activate FSD, press the scroll wheel". I don't recall it doing that before.
It did that to me too as I approached a wall of cars. I thought it was weird since I’ve definitely used FSD a bunch. I guess it’s just offering to do the boring stop-and-go stuff for us.
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
It did that to me too as I approached a wall of cars. I thought it was weird since I’ve definitely used FSD a bunch. I guess it’s just offering to do the boring stop-and-go stuff for us.
I mean, that's actually not bad. I like to drive but it can do the stop and go traffic crap. The problem came right after I enabled it (I was less than half mile to a left-hand turn that has two turn lanes), it wanted to pull into the lane on the right of me... In traffic, that doesn't always make sense even if that lane is a touch faster. It's hard to get over to the left there.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
‘24 Beast
Country flag
I mean, that's actually not bad. I like to drive but it can do the stop and go traffic crap. The problem came right after I enabled it (I was less than half mile to a left-hand turn that has two turn lanes), it wanted to pull into the lane on the right of me... In traffic, that doesn't always make sense even if that lane is a touch faster. It's hard to get over to the left there.
Yeah, I don’t like that part of it. Even if traffic is flowing, it waits until half a mile before the exit to consider moving over. It always makes it, but there’s a bit of a pucker factor to it sometimes. Your situation is where base autopilot would be nice.
 

jimbobb23

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
169
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cybertruck....
Country flag
I am hoping the longer context window allows sunshine to be tolerated. I am supposed to
You must have never driven a Toyota with full self driving tech. Not many vehicles have it. To say it doesn’t even come close to Tesla, is laughable. And I love my CT. But claiming Toyota AdvancedDrive does not come close to FSD is just a lie. It does not incessantly nag, and it works just as well as FSD. In fact, independent highway safety reviewers have determined that it works maybe even slightly better, iirc.
This is amazing news. I can't wait to see all the youtube channels of people driving it all over town and letting the car do all the driving. Oh wait...it's just lane assist and freeway? I can't find any videos of it. So...what are you talking about? Please clarify.
 

jimbobb23

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
169
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cybertruck....
Country flag
ChatGPT:

“
Short answer: yes.





Two independent test programs have found Toyota/Lexus’s system scores higher than Tesla’s on safety‑related highway assist metrics:





  • IIHS “Partial Automation Safeguard Ratings” (Mar 2024): The only system to earn an overall Acceptable was Lexus Teammate with Advanced Drive (on the Lexus LS). Tesla’s system (tested on a Model 3) earned an overall Poor for safeguards like driver‑monitoring, attention reminders, and emergency fallback.
  • Euro NCAP “Assisted Driving Gradings” (Jun 2025): Toyota bZ4X received a Very Good assisted‑driving grade, while the Tesla Model S (Autopilot) was graded Moderate due to weak balance of driver engagement vs assistance (despite strong safety backup).







Consumer Reports’ most recent full ranking (2023) also put Tesla mid‑pack and highlighted shortcomings in communication/driver monitoring compared with top systems, with Toyota/Lexus not at the top but generally ahead of Tesla in clarity and collaboration with the driver.





Bottom line: in safety‑oriented evaluations of highway assist/partial automation, Toyota/Lexus’s Teammate/Advanced Drive has tested better than Tesla’s Autopilot/FSD on safeguards and driver‑engagement.”

It’s ok not to be a fanboi. I promise.
Thats not about the driving. Thats about the nag. Literally read what you posted. There ratings were all based on how well it nagged you.

It's also ok to be able to tell the difference between technologies and what they are actually scored on and represent.
 

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
I am hoping the longer context window allows sunshine to be tolerated. I am supposed to

This is amazing news. I can't wait to see all the youtube channels of people driving it all over town and letting the car do all the driving. Oh wait...it's just lane assist and freeway? I can't find any videos of it. So...what are you talking about? Please clarify.
I mean, I’m over trying to convince people who have not used it. But yes, for highway driving, it’s more pleasant than FSD because it is less naggy. It changes lanes and navigates interchanges etc. It employs lidar in addition to cameras and works very well with less beeping and more ability to enjoy the scenery while driving. I’m happy Tesla plans to make their system far less naggy with the new update because that will likely remove the point in Toyota’s favor regarding highway driving in particular.
 

SCTesla

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
1,711
Location
USA
Vehicles
22 Model S, 24 CT
Country flag
I mean, I’m over trying to convince people who have not used it. But yes, for highway driving, it’s more pleasant than FSD because it is less naggy. It changes lanes and navigates interchanges etc. It employs lidar in addition to cameras and works very well with less beeping and more ability to enjoy the scenery while driving. I’m happy Tesla plans to make their system far less naggy with the new update because that will likely remove the point in Toyota’s favor regarding highway driving in particular.
You understand that EAP does this as well. It's called Navigate on Autopilot. It's many levels below FSD.

The joke about YT videos is that no one is getting money showing off highway lane assist, because it's not special. Ford, Tesla, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, and Hyundai all have a version...none of those, outside of Tesla, have a version of FSD available for consumers.

Keeping fishing, though.
 

EctoSlymer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
16
Messages
240
Reaction score
119
Location
Oakland
Vehicles
CyberBeast
Country flag
You understand that EAP does this as well. It's called Navigate on Autopilot. It's many levels below FSD.

The joke about YT videos is that no one is getting money showing off highway lane assist, because it's not special. Ford, Tesla, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, and Hyundai all have a version...none of those, outside of Tesla, have a version of FSD available for consumers.

Keeping fishing, though.
It would be nice (and less naggy) if CT’s had EAP.
 

nubbin77

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
May 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
110
Reaction score
72
Location
New Jersey
Vehicles
Silverado and AWD CT
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
When I use FSD, I get zero nags... so how is it less naggy?
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
When I use FSD, I get zero nags... so how is it less naggy?
people who actually pay undivided attention to the roadway simply don't get the nags under the vast majority of circumstances.

folks who complain about it think they can game the system and play on their phone.
 

D101010

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
56
Reaction score
47
Location
Minnesota
Vehicles
26 MY, 24 Cyberbeast
Country flag
Both summon and smart summon are sold as part of the CT FSD. It doesn’t say beta or coming soon. This already seems like false advertising. Let’s hope Tesla delivers soon.
IMG_9600.png
Heck we don't even have dump summon no forward or back movement like the other Tesla's had before summon was a thing. I could have used that once or twice.
 
 
Top